JOANN FABRICS

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

JOANN FABRICS

Post by qmti »

I see that JOANN FABRICS have filed for bankruptcy. Years ago I would follow my wife into the store while she shopped. But when Ohio passed the CCW law they posted the NO GUNS signs and I quit going in. My wife would go in but eventually she quit also. So they lost our shopping dollars to Walmart. Not that we put them out of business but I would imagine it didn't help their bottom line with the loss of my wife's money.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: JOANN FABRICS

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Chapter 11. They are reorganizing not going bankrupt.They remain open with no lay offs, yet.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Their business surely* has been dwindling downward for years. How many folks a generation or so younger than yours do any sewing, for example? (I know that JoAnn sells a lot of stuff besides thread, buttons, and needles, just using an example.)

* Yeah, as it happens, I WAS calling you Shirley, got something to say about it? :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

My grandson works there. Brian, your a idiot.Take some meds and calm down.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Is it a store by store thing? My (semi) local Joann fabrics didn't have a no guns sign a couple of weeks ago, which was the last time I was in front of the store. It is however across the border in Indiana. That particular store does a lot of business.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

carmen fovozzo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:28 am Brian, your a idiot.
Shouldn't that read "Brian, you're an idiot."? :lol:

********************************************************************************
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

M-Quigley wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:58 am Is it a store by store thing? My (semi) local Joann fabrics didn't have a no guns sign a couple of weeks ago, which was the last time I was in front of the store. It is however across the border in Indiana. That particular store does a lot of business.
Likewise, I went to a Joann Fabrics store just a month or so ago in the Canton area and didn't see a "no guns" sign (and yes, I do look to see if businesses are posted so I can take my money elsewhere if they are).
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Brian D. wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:26 am
carmen fovozzo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:28 am Brian, your a idiot.
Shouldn't that read "Brian, you're an idiot."? :lol:
So you agree ?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

carmen fovozzo wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:43 pm So you agree ?
I agree with what Steve says about you. :mrgreen:

Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

Last I checked, the store in Columbus was posted.

We have also significantly reduced our shopping there over the years as a result.

We have had poor results with Walmart fabric becoming brittle and falling apart after a few washes so refuse to buy fabric there and have stopped shopping there too since they pulled most firearms sales and made buying them or ammo a hostile experience. Online stores have helped but my wife prefers to feel fabric before buying which means purchasing lots of fabric samples but it can be done.

The worst thing is that JoAnns has refused to service the Husqvarna sewing machine my wife purchased there so buyer beware. We've taught ourselves how to repair lots of things with this sewing machine as a result but we're now forced to replace the machine as parts are getting more difficult to find and it would seem that JoAnns is the only dealer in Columbus (that we know of).

I hope that chapter 11 might mean improvements in the future but I'm not holding my breath.

We also have a pair of 100+ year old singer treadle machines that are incredibly easy to keep operating and parts are still readily available. Only downside to those is they lack the creature comforts and stitches my wife has come to rely upon so a new Singer from Michaels made for a great gift for my wife.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

JustaShooter wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 11:36 am
M-Quigley wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2024 8:58 am Is it a store by store thing? My (semi) local Joann fabrics didn't have a no guns sign a couple of weeks ago, which was the last time I was in front of the store. It is however across the border in Indiana. That particular store does a lot of business.
Likewise, I went to a Joann Fabrics store just a month or so ago in the Canton area and didn't see a "no guns" sign (and yes, I do look to see if businesses are posted so I can take my money elsewhere if they are).
• Messages exhorting others to commit illegal acts or describing illegal acts you’ve committed or intend to commit are expressly forbidden.
Comment Deleted. -JaS
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

Went to Piqua yesterday and drove past the store to see if sign was still there and it has been removed.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

qmti wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 4:52 am Went to Piqua yesterday and drove past the store to see if sign was still there and it has been removed.
I wonder if it was ever that stores policy to put up a sign or if someone who didn't have authority just decided to do it on their own. I've seen that happen at least once when I nicely informed the owner of that store. (or at least that was the story I was told) Anyway, the sign got taken down. It probably was true because the owner owned more than one location and that particular store was the only one that had a sticker put on.

Since it had been a while and I had to go to a place nearby to it, I looked at the outside of my closest Joann Fabrics, just to make sure nothing had changed, and there is still no signs of any kind on either the outer or inner doors.