Columbus cop gets hit by stolen car, ends up on the hood, then shoots driver

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Columbus cop gets hit by stolen car, ends up on the hood, then shoots driver

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.10tv.com/article/news/local ... 86b8693b9b

COLUMBUS, Ohio — Court records have confirmed the identity of the woman who was shot after allegedly striking a Columbus police sergeant with a stolen vehicle on the city's north side on Wednesday.

Records from the Franklin County Municipal Court state that 32-year-old Holly Graham is charged with felonious assault for causing serious physical harm to a peace officer. The charges stemmed from Wednesday’s incident.

Sgt. Joe Albert with the Columbus Division of Police said that an individual contacted police around 3:20 p.m. to alert them that they had spotted their vehicle that had previously been stolen from Lancaster. Officers were able to locate the stolen vehicle, which court records described as a 2015 Toyota Corolla, around Beechcroft Road and Clintonview Street.

Police attempted to stop the vehicle but were unsuccessful. They decided to disengage after a short period of following the vehicle, according to Albert.

Around 30 minutes later, officers found the Corolla in the parking lot of the Sheetz gas station at 975 East Dublin Granville Road.

Albert said the plan was to deploy stop sticks to prevent the vehicle from fleeing again, but officers saw the vehicle turn into Huntley Square shopping center and start driving erratically.

Officers were able to block off all the exits of the plaza. The vehicle began backing up and abruptly accelerated forward, striking a sergeant. The vehicle continued driving around the parking lot with the sergeant on the hood of the car.

Albert said the sergeant fired several shots at Graham, who court records say was driving the stolen vehicle. She was struck by gunfire at least once.

The vehicle drove through a grassy median and back onto East Dublin Granville Road, causing the sergeant to fall off the hood.

While attempting to drive away, Graham hit two other vehicles head-on in the area of Interstate 71.

Officers took Graham into custody and rendered aid until medics arrived.

The sergeant who was hit was transported to Grant Medical Center and their condition was described as "stable." Columbus police are not identifying the sergeant because of Marsy's Law, but said they have been with the department for 10 years.

Graham was transported to Riverside Methodist Hospital in serious condition, Albert said.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Columbus cop gets hit by stolen car, ends up on the hood, then shoots driver

Post by schmieg »

That use of "they" drives me nuts. I'm not always sure about whom the reference is to and the grammar is atrocious.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Re: Columbus cop gets hit by stolen car, ends up on the hood, then shoots driver

Post by Brian D. »

schmieg wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:29 pm That use of "they" drives me nuts. I'm not always sure about whom the reference is to and the grammar is atrocious.
The problem has only gotten worse since the media recognized and started using the "preferred gender pronouns" of people involved with reported stories.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:40 am
schmieg wrote: Fri Feb 09, 2024 10:29 pm That use of "they" drives me nuts. I'm not always sure about whom the reference is to and the grammar is atrocious.
The problem has only gotten worse since the media recognized and started using the "preferred gender pronouns" of people involved with reported stories.
I think they use it when they don't know whether the person prefers it or not just to be safe.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

schmieg wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 10:52 am
Brian D. wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:40 am
I think they use it when they don't know whether the person prefers it or not just to be safe.
I think they knew or should've known, because in the video, the Sgt. is referred to as "he" more than once.
UPDATE: the suspect didn't make it.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/woman-s ... VO6LB6DEQ/