Wayne LaPierre Resigns from NRA

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

FormerNavy

Wayne LaPierre Resigns from NRA

Post by FormerNavy »

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wayne- ... -nra-chief

My guess is there's a hand-picked successor and we will just continue to see more of the same at the NRA... :(
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Wayne LaPierre Resigns from NRA

Post by kcclark »

Way past due but you're probably right that things won't change.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

I'm not familiar with this name.
Andrew Arulanandam will become the interim CEO & EVP, the organization said.
https://nypost.com/2024/01/05/business/ ... teps-down/
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

FormerNavy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:47 pm https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wayne- ... -nra-chief

My guess is there's a hand-picked successor and we will just continue to see more of the same at the NRA... :(
When did Fox news start putting their story links behind a paywall? Can't view the article.

I heard last night that he is named in the NY suit personally as well as the NRA. Since he's resigned, can he still use NRA money or lawyers in his defense?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

M-Quigley wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:22 am When did Fox news start putting their story links behind a paywall? Can't view the article.
It's not behind a paywall for me...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

M-Quigley wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2024 11:22 am
FormerNavy wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:47 pm https://www.foxnews.com/politics/wayne- ... -nra-chief

When did Fox news start putting their story links behind a paywall? Can't view the article.

I heard last night that he is named in the NY suit personally as well as the NRA. Since he's resigned, can he still use NRA money or lawyers in his defense?
Unless there is something really different about your connection, it's not a paywall, but Fox is now demanding that you disable ad blocking. Doesn't happen on my phone though.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

A National Rifle Association executive reached a last-minute deal with New York Attorney General Letitia James Saturday on the eve of a multi-million dollar civil corruption trial against the organization that begins Monday.

Joshua Powell, the former executive director of the embattled non-profit and one of five defendants named in the AG’s lawsuit, agreed to pay $100,000 and admitted to misusing charitable funds, according to a statement from James’s office.

Powell was the former chief of staff to Wayne LaPierre
https://nypost.com/2024/01/06/news/form ... w-york-ag/
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

LaPierre’s resignation has been in the works for at least a month, as that’s when LaPierre fired Joe DeBergalis as Executive Director of General Operations and replaced him with Andrew Arulanandam. That move makes it clear that Arulanandam was hand-picked by LaPierre and Brewer to take over as EVP and CEO, which is a very good reason for NRA members to be very skeptical about him.
The official NRA press release announcing LaPierre’s intention to resign included the announcement that he will be replaced by Andrew Arulanandam.

That’s not the way this is supposed to work. According to the NRA Bylaws, the Executive Director of NRA General Operations is supposed to step up in the case of a vacancy in the office of EVP, but that’s only if the vacancy occurs unexpectedly between Board meetings. It is the responsibility of the NRA Board, not the EVP, to select a replacement for a departing EVP. The press release makes it clear that LaPierre fully expected the Board to rubber-stamp his choice, which they probably did, again demonstrating the ineffectiveness of the 76-member Board.
https://www.ammoland.com/2024/01/wayne- ... z8O9I9lvP7
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I was mistaken, it isn't a paywall, it demands you register with them (for free) It does this with other browsers as well, one that doesn't have ad blocking enabled. There was no request or demand that I disable my adblocker on my primary browser.
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

M-Quigley wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:12 am I was mistaken, it isn't a paywall, it demands you register with them (for free) It does this with other browsers as well, one that doesn't have ad blocking enabled. There was no request or demand that I disable my adblocker on my primary browser.
Yeah I have a separate email address for junk/crap like this....
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

M-Quigley wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 10:12 am I was mistaken, it isn't a paywall, it demands you register with them (for free) It does this with other browsers as well, one that doesn't have ad blocking enabled. There was no request or demand that I disable my adblocker on my primary browser.
Not sure what's going on for you, but I haven't signed up / registered for anything with them, and it works for me without issue in all three browsers I have installed on my PC - only one has an ad blocker installed (Firefox).

Sorry you are having problems with it.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

JustaShooter wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:32 pm
Not sure what's going on for you, but I haven't signed up / registered for anything with them, and it works for me without issue in all three browsers I have installed on my PC - only one has an ad blocker installed (Firefox).

Sorry you are having problems with it.
It's not just him. I don't have an ad blocker running but I've also noticed that they are now requiring an email address to view articles. I used my junk email for it.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

FormerNavy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:36 pm It's not just him. I don't have an ad blocker running but I've also noticed that they are now requiring an email address to view articles. I used my junk email for it.
Odd that it hasn't made me supply an email - are you guys on a phone or computer/laptop?
NRA Life Member

FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

JustaShooter wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:54 pm
FormerNavy wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2024 7:36 pm It's not just him. I don't have an ad blocker running but I've also noticed that they are now requiring an email address to view articles. I used my junk email for it.
Odd that it hasn't made me supply an email - are you guys on a phone or computer/laptop?
One PC, one Windows laptop.... required on both.
cpg
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by cpg »

Yeah, I had to supply an email addy too. Used my "junk" account.
People say firearm owners are compensating for something.
I am compensating for being smaller and weaker than most criminals.