Carry in bar

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Carry in bar

Post by steves 50de »

Is it still legal as long as you are not drinking. :?:
Heard this on a Cleveland radio station. I hope it's fake news. :lol:
They claim it is a felony just to carry in.
Black Rifles Matter
Brian D.

Re: Carry in bar

Post by Brian D. »

Listen to a better radio station. Sounds like wishful thinking on somebody's part. Unless I've missed a huge news story.

The whole "It's against federal law to carry in a bank" nonsense also refuses to die once and for all.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

The law regarding carry in a CLass D establishment has not changed. As long as you are not drinking and have a CHL (or are a qualified individual carrying under Ohio's unlicensed carry law) you can legally carry in a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
steves 50de
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by steves 50de »

JustaShooter wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 7:41 pm The law regarding carry in a CLass D establishment has not changed. As long as you are not drinking and have a CHL (or are a qualified individual carrying under Ohio's unlicensed carry law) you can legally carry in a bar or restaurant that serves alcohol.
Do you know the date this law took effect.
Black Rifles Matter
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

It took effect in 2011 or 2012, by my reckoning, after a quick search of the board. You trying to win an argument with somebody, Steve?

And if my speedy research won't suffice, I'm sure JustaShooter will provide us with an exact date before long. He can't help himself! :lol:
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote: Sun Oct 22, 2023 9:59 pm It took effect in 2011 or 2012, by my reckoning, after a quick search of the board. You trying to win an argument with somebody, Steve?

And if my speedy research won't suffice, I'm sure JustaShooter will provide us with an exact date before long. He can't help himself! :lol:
You know me too well! It was part of 129th General Assembly SB 17, and took effect 2011-09-30.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Nikki Goeser helped us get that passed
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Chuck wrote: Sun Nov 12, 2023 6:15 am Nikki Goeser helped us get that passed
I'm surprised I didn't recall the name, so I looked it up. A lot of sites were about her promoting her book and that she works for the Crime Prevention Research counsel. The one story from an actual news source talked about her attending the NRA convention, and I found this bit interesting, that they had to try to disclaim what she said. The MSM never disclaims anything said by the anti gun side no matter how wrong it is. :(
“I think more and more people are realizing that just because you slap a sign on your front door saying 'no guns allowed', it's kind of an invite for evil to go and harm good people there, because they know no one can defend themselves,” Goeser said.

Studies on mass shootings in gun free zones remain "inconclusive."

Researchers from all over the country… including Harvard, Columbia university libraries and the Rand Corporation, a non-profit with extensive research and analysis on gun issues, all essentially draw the same conclusion:

There are not enough studies done on gun-free zones to point to an increase or decrease in shootings in these designated areas.

Goeser is using her story to change laws in states around the country.

She has testified before lawmakers in Tennessee and Ohio and was instrumental in the passage of the Tennessee restaurant carry law and the "lifetime order of protection" law, which removes the need for victims to routinely re-file protective orders.

She believes her story and her work can save lives.
The bolded is a total lie. There are multiple studies done and evidence and in some cases the mass killers own words that they chose a no guns zone over a place that wasn't one. It's an inconvenient truth that anti gun people don't want to admit. Well, except one person once admitted it but then suggested the solution was to have "licensed and Trained" LE or security everywhere there are mass numbers of people. :roll:

Even assuming the bolded was true, which it's not, CC has nothing to do with reducing the number of mass shootings. I will freely admit that my carrying won't prevent a mass shooting from happening. Mass murderers will still do what they do regardless of any laws, zones, whatever device they use, etc. Fire extinguishers and AED's don't stop fires and heart attacks either. What all of those things do is increase the chances of survival if something does happen. Eli Dicken didn't prevent a mass shooting from starting, but he prevented the guy from killing 30 or 50 people.

https://www.wrtv.com/news/state-news/nr ... ence-story