Renewal Summit County

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tracker1

Renewal Summit County

Post by tracker1 »

I looked on their website, got the hours and filled out the paperwork I thought I was set. First, I was glad that they no longer do CCW at the jail, most were always very unfriendly except the girls behind the glass, they were nice. Anyway, I get down to Tallmadge Avenue and find out they don’t do paper and I needed do the application online and an appointment, my fault. The lady deputy was extremely nice and helpful and showed where to apply online at the kiosk. She had an opening (I think someone didn’t show) and got me processed. She was just so nice and helpful and treated everyone that way, I was impressed. It was a very pleasant experience, the first I ever had applying and I started when CCW became available in Ohio.
Summit County CCW Deputy gets a thumbs up 👍.
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Renewal Summit County

Post by JustaShooter »

Great to hear, the previous CHL clerk was a bit of a, well, the profanity filter on this site will keep me from saying what she really was, so... ;)
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

I remember her, she was not a very happy person.
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

JustaShooter wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:46 pm Great to hear, the previous CHL clerk was a bit of a, well, the profanity filter on this site will keep me from saying what she really was, so... ;)
Totally agree.
Even had that conversation with the officer a month ago at their new location, lol
Nothing to see here...move along.
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

502ci wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 5:05 pm
JustaShooter wrote: Tue Apr 11, 2023 3:46 pm Great to hear, the previous CHL clerk was a bit of a, well, the profanity filter on this site will keep me from saying what she really was, so... ;)
Totally agree.
Even had that conversation with the officer a month ago at their new location, lol
I did too.
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

Similiar experiece here. I brought proof of service and got credit for a free license, couldn't figure out how to do that online.

Whole process was quick and efficient. Only issue I had was when the license arrived in the mail the return address had been stamped "Ohio Concealed Carry Weapon" with their address below. A little anonymity would have been appreciated!
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

I got my CCW permit Monday, that was fast.