Bengals player facing charges again for allegedly waving gun a woman

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Bengals player facing charges again for allegedly waving gun a woman

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/bengals ... JGNXEVIRQ/

It isn't a new alleged incident, it's claimed they now have new evidence. Just because you think a case is over and done with doesn't mean it is.
CINCINNATI — Bengals running back Joe Mixon will face charges again over accusations that he waved a gun at a woman earlier this year, according to our news partners at WCPO.

The Cincinnati Police Department said in a statement obtained by WCPO that they re-filed an aggravated menacing charge Friday against the Bengals star.

“This decision was reached following the discovery of new evidence during the investigative process,” the statement read.

Mixon is set to be re-summoned to court on April 19.

As News Center 7 previously reported Mixon was charged in February after a woman alleged that he pointed a gun at her on January 21, the day before the Bengals defeated the Buffalo Bills in the divisional round of the NFL playoffs. Court records indicate Mixon told the woman “You should be popped in the face. I should shoot you, the police can’ (sic) get me.”

The initial charges triggered an arrest warrant against Mixon, but the probable cause and arrest warrant were dismissed the next day.
Brian D.

Re: Bengals player facing charges again for allegedly waving gun a woman

Post by Brian D. »

I know some current Cincinnati PD and they have been saying since the news first broke that something has seemed out of whack to them about how the case has been handled. I read those tea leaves as "Cincinnati Bengals and influential friends have been throwing their weight around."

But since Mixon's sister and her ne'er do well boyfriend have been arrested on other charges*, while at Joe's home, some of those allies may be getting cold feet.

*There's a thread going here about that incident from a month back, isn't there M-Quigley?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 8:50 am I know some current Cincinnati PD and they have been saying since the news first broke that something has seemed out of whack to them about how the case has been handled. I read those tea leaves as "Cincinnati Bengals and influential friends have been throwing their weight around."

But since Mixon's sister and her ne'er do well boyfriend have been arrested on other charges*, while at Joe's home, some of those allies may be getting cold feet.

*There's a thread going here about that incident from a month back, isn't there M-Quigley?
Hey, like the DA says, new evidence, new thread. :D

Sorry, I forgot about that one, but don't have the ability to merge this into that thread. Maybe a mod does?

I'm thinking it was more than a month ago, I think the incident was approx. 3 months ago, but I just tried to do a keyword search in the upper right corner and couldn't find the original post. IDK if the problem is the post is no longer there, or I didn't use the right keywords to find it.
I used bengals and then tried mixon,
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I don't even know for sure if we had a thread going about that other Mixon incident. I'll briefly regurgitate it. As the police explained after investigation and MUCH hem hawing, there was a shooting at Mixon's home. Allegedly, teens were running through yards playing "Nerf® gun wars" while Joe Mixon, his sister, and her boyfriend, were inside. The boyfriend, who was under firearms disability, grabbed an AK pattern handgun and fired at the kids, hitting one in the leg. High profile lawyers immediately inserted themselves into the situation and seemed to obsfucate the bejeebus out of the investigatory process.

This occured after the alleged road rage incident involving Joe Mixon himself, but charges on that were filed and quickly unfilled, until they were refiled this week.

********************************************************************************
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:08 am I don't even know for sure if we had a thread going about that other Mixon incident. I'll briefly regurgitate it. As the police explained after investigation and MUCH hem hawing, there was a shooting at Mixon's home. Allegedly, teens were running through yards playing "Nerf® gun wars" while Joe Mixon, his sister, and her boyfriend, were inside. The boyfriend, who was under firearms disability, grabbed an AK pattern handgun and fired at the kids, hitting one in the leg. High profile lawyers immediately inserted themselves into the situation and seemed to obsfucate the bejeebus out of the investigatory process.

This occured after the alleged road rage incident involving Joe Mixon himself, but charges on that were filed and quickly unfilled, until they were refiled this week.
Okay, I thought you were talking about the incident that Mixon was personally involved in, involving an unarmed woman. I thought it had been posted, in fact I thought I had posted it, but I don't recall any replies to it at the time. I must've intended to post it and didn't. The story didn't last long because it was over pretty quickly.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

M-Quigley wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:24 am Okay, I thought you were talking about the incident that Mixon was personally involved in, involving an unarmed woman. I thought it had been posted, in fact I thought I had posted it, but I don't recall any replies to it at the time. I must've intended to post it and didn't. The story didn't last long because it was over pretty quickly.
And now, charges in that case have been refiled, making it a news story once again.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Mixon Sucks.

Maybe they can get Eckler next season.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 3:25 pm
M-Quigley wrote: Sun Apr 09, 2023 9:24 am Okay, I thought you were talking about the incident that Mixon was personally involved in, involving an unarmed woman. I thought it had been posted, in fact I thought I had posted it, but I don't recall any replies to it at the time. I must've intended to post it and didn't. The story didn't last long because it was over pretty quickly.
And now, charges in that case have been refiled, making it a news story once again.
And that's why I said, and this might be relevant to concealed carriers in general, Just because you think a case is over and done with doesn't mean it is What I'm wondering, is this really new evidence or evidence they could've gotten before if they tried to and didn't?
Also, is this new evidence something Mixon said between then and now that incriminates him? It might be interesting to see what they got on him.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Update on the "new evidence" : According to 700 WLW radio news, there is no "new" evidence, it's the same evidence they had back in Jan that some police official allegedly didn't do what he/she was supposed to do with it, (I can't imagine why :roll: ) and that official has been disciplined.

All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others. Animal Farm
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

M-Quigley wrote: Mon Apr 10, 2023 1:19 pm Update on the "new evidence" : According to 700 WLW radio news, there is no "new" evidence, it's the same evidence they had back in Jan that some police official allegedly didn't do what he/she was supposed to do with it, (I can't imagine why :roll: ) and that official has been disciplined.
Yep. There are protocols in place for a reason. Just because it's a "celebrity" under scrutiny, is no reason to not follow them. If not for such freelancing by LAPD during the initial OJ Simpson homicide investigation, there might have been a conviction.

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

UPDATE: Judge finds Mixon not guilty of the agg menacing charge.

https://www.wlwt.com/article/joe-mixon- ... t/44840357
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Ultimately this boiled down to a case of "He said, she said."

Now for an old joke this reminds me of:

"Toilet mysteriously stolen from police station. Cops have nothing to go on." :lol:

This entire incident has been weird.

SMMAssociates

Post by SMMAssociates »

Brian:

"Toilet mysteriously stolen from police station. Cops have nothing to go on." :lol:

Don't think I ever saw that, but ROF,L....

Back to topic: A major Football team probably has the money (and influence) to adjust about anything in their favor, and do it quietly if nobody _really_ notices, and has the muscle to make it public.

Regards,
Stu.

(Why write a quick note when you can write a novel?)

(Why do those who claim to wish to protect me feel that the best way to do that is to disarm me?)

יזכר לא עד פעם