guy sleeping in car at Montgomery cty fairgrounds shoots person attempting to break in

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

guy sleeping in car at Montgomery cty fairgrounds shoots person attempting to break in

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/local/update- ... V3ADZITUE/

The 3 suspects were allegedly armed, and although all 3 ran off after being shot at, one of the three showed up at a local hospital with a GSW.

"When you do an action you own the consequences of that action." Dr. Phil
docachna

Re: guy sleeping in car at Montgomery cty fairgrounds shoots person attempting to break in

Post by docachna »

Wonder if the county posted the Fairgrounds as a CPZ. :evil:
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
M-Quigley

Re: guy sleeping in car at Montgomery cty fairgrounds shoots person attempting to break in

Post by M-Quigley »

docachna wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:03 pm Wonder if the county posted the Fairgrounds as a CPZ. :evil:
They hold the CE dayton gun show there, and I've never seen the parking lot posted. The gun show itself has signs saying no loaded firearms, even concealed carry firearms in the main building. The victim is covered by by the castle doctrine in Ohio in his car, just like if someone broke into your house.

I thought I posted an update this morning but apparently it didn't take. It's not a good idea to leave your vehicle running unattended, even if your leaving it for "just a few minutes." :roll: I live in probably the safest place to be crime wise in Ohio, could probably leave it running all day or night long, and I still wouldn't even do that here.

The last crime wave we had here was someone was stealing stuff left outdoors in the middle of the night. One of the neighbors and I finally caught the suspect. He had 4 legs and was wearing a mask. He and his buddies had quite a pile of assorted stuff when they got caught. Not sure what they were planning on doing with the stuff, none of them would talk. :roll:

https://www.whio.com/news/local/police- ... PHIQZ3PDE/
JEFFERSON TOWNSHIP — More details have been revealed about a shooting at the Montgomery County Fairgrounds over the weekend.

Saturday around 3:30 p.m., Jefferson Township deputies were called to the Montgomery County Fairgrounds to reports of a shooting, News Center 7 previously reported.

When deputies got on scene they found a man standing in front of his car with a handgun at his feet, according to a police report obtained by News Center 7 through a public records request.

The man told deputies he had driven overnight from his home in North Carolina for a dog show at the fairgrounds.

He was tired from the trip so decided to take a nap in the backseat of his car, while leaving the car running.

He was woken up by banging on the window of the car and saw two to three men outside his car, and one of them was attempting to break the glass of the rear window, according to the report.

He shouted several times at the suspects when one of the suspects took out a gun.

The man took out his own gun, which he was licensed to carry in Ohio, and fired one shot through the rear driverside window, hitting one of the suspects in the chest, the report states.

While searching the area deputies said they found a small window breaker and saw several knicks on the driver’s side window “consistent with a glass punch.”

Deputies were later notified that the suspect had walked into Miami Valley Hospital with a gunshot wound.

Later, authorities were alerted of a woman who said her car was stolen during the shooting.

The woman said she arrived at the fairgrounds and exited her rental car, leaving it still running as she expected to only be inside for a few minutes.

She was heading back to her car she heard the attempted robbery take place and ran to her friend’s car in the opposite direction.

When she returned to her car minutes later she found it was no longer there, the report states.

Deputies later found her rental car at Miami Valley Hospital, where hospital police had secured it after the shooting victim arrived.