Forums Update

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jgarvas
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Re: Forums Update

Post by jgarvas »

Chuck wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:30 am Negative Jeff
No email here
I am working through the kinks. A large contingent of email providers think we're sending spam, others are letting it through. Everytime I get one I get a warning that it might be spam.

I despise internet email as a serer/system operator :)
Jeff Garvas, President
Ohioans For Concealed Carry

Contrary to a popular belief when I brag about OFCC accomplishments I'm not looking for your thank you or personal recognition. I'd much prefer you send me an email telling me when you are going to get involved in doing what I've been doing since 1999. We are only as effective as we make ourselves. We need the next generation of OFCC to step to the plate.

Is that you?

To Contact Me: Use This Form and pick my name.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Yeah, and G-mail rejects my ohioccw.org emails unless I turn off my VPN before I send them
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Chuck wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 7:30 am Negative Jeff
No email here
Are you still not getting them? I had unsubscribed to the post, but once I subscribed I started getting email replies. Also, the notification email mentions you wouldn't get another email notification until you reply again.

Also possible your email address in your profile is wrong, or the emails are getting caught by your junk mail filter.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Jim-in-Toledo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Jim-in-Toledo »

Just got an email notification for this topic.
Hello Jim-in-Toledo,

The topic "Forums Update" received a new reply by Chuck since your last
visit to "Ohioans For Concealed Carry Discussion Forums". No more emails
will be sent until you visit the topic.

If you want to view the newest post click the following link:
viewtopic.php?t=96433&e=1&view=unread#unread

If you want to view the topic, click the following link:
viewtopic.php?t=96433

If you want to view the forum, click the following link:
viewforum.php?f=8

If you no longer wish to watch this topic click the following link:
viewtopic.php?uid=14&t=96433&unwatch=topic

--
Thanks, OFCC Forums Management
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
I am the expert on my opinion.
And no one else's.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

Yep, had an old email address in my profile
I bet it works now
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Chuck wrote: Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:11 pm I bet it works now
Glad I could help, Chuck. Let me know if this one works.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

It appears I'm back to the intermittent email notifications to subscribed threads/forums.
Have there been any recent changes or modifications to anything Jeff?
BOB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

ESAFO wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:11 pm It appears I'm back to the intermittent email notifications to subscribed threads/forums.
As I understand things, you'll only get one notification for the first reply after your last post, until you visit and post again. And, any threads you haven't visited and posted after Jeff fixed things won't generate a new notification.
NRA Life Member

ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

JustaShooter wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:09 pm
ESAFO wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:11 pm It appears I'm back to the intermittent email notifications to subscribed threads/forums.
As I understand things, you'll only get one notification for the first reply after your last post, until you visit and post again. And, any threads you haven't visited and posted after Jeff fixed things won't generate a new notification.
Ok so not like it was before, if you subscribed to a said thread or forum you got notified when something new came up?
Thanks for the heads up Dave.
BOB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

ESAFO wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:23 pm
JustaShooter wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:09 pm
Ok so not like it was before, if you subscribed to a said thread or forum you got notified when something new came up?
I just read the email notification from your post, and it says I wouldn't get more notifications until I visit the topic, so maybe you don't have to post like I originally said, just go read the newest post and then you'd get notified if someone else posts.
NRA Life Member

ESAFO

Post by ESAFO »

JustaShooter wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 8:43 am
ESAFO wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:23 pm
JustaShooter wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:09 pm As I understand things, you'll only get one notification for the first reply after your last post, until you visit and post again. And, any threads you haven't visited and posted after Jeff fixed things won't generate a new notification.
I just read the email notification from your post, and it says I wouldn't get more notifications until I visit the topic, so maybe you don't have to post like I originally said, just go read the newest post and then you'd get notified if someone else posts.
I never got notified about your post right here.
Only way I'm finding out just like before is when I log in & see the red bell telling me I have a message in a thread/forum I'm subscribed to.
It's hit & miss because I did get notified today about a thread in the Ammo forum.
BOB