Concealed carrier stops a mass shooter in Texas

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Concealed carrier stops a mass shooter in Texas

Post by M-Quigley »

https://wfin.com/fox-national-news/texa ... ms-police/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

When the story first broke locally in the TV national evening news and the local TV station, the news had very little facts, there was the usual reporting after a mass shooting, that it was close to the tragic Walmart shooting, mass shooting stats provided without context by a known anti gun organization, calls from some pols for more gun control laws, like universal background checks, AW bans, etc. There seemed to be no follow up information aired or written locally so I checked on my own. Turns out one of the wounded was the teenage criminal, shot by a armed citizen as he pointed his stolen handgun at more possible victims, which ended up stopping the criminal. I guess the fact that:

A: he was a teenager who had a stolen gun so background checks wouldn't have helped
B: it was a handgun so AW ban wouldn't have helped
C: the shooter was stopped by a civilian citizen carrying concealed

means that even though the story got nationwide coverage initially, no need for follow up info like other mass shootings in California because the "rest of the story" doesn't fit a certain agenda maybe? :roll: