AD, ND, "misfire" LOL

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

513resident

AD, ND, "misfire" LOL

Post by 513resident »

Is it just me, or does it seem like everyone blames the gun instead of the person? They are saying vague and indirect things like it "misfired" and "went off" etc. but hardly anyone blames the true culprit...the person handling said weapon. I'm curious. Why fiddle with a handgun while standing at the business end of a bowling lane?

IMHO whoever it was...was engaging in actions they should not have been doing in that particular situation and location. A secured firearm does not fire by itself :roll: https://www.fox19.com/2023/01/12/retire ... olice-say/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brian D.

Re: AD, ND, "misfire" LOL

Post by Brian D. »

*Sigh* I spent several years in a group here in the 513 whose main purpose was to educate the media about firearms. It was mostly a waste of effort. Once in a while we got through, but the rest of the time the combination of deceit, ignorance, and/or willful ignorance was too high of a hurdle. We brought them to the range, instructed them about safe operation, let them shoot, even provided lunch sometimes.

Even when we had success, the reporters were subject to the whims of their bosses to make a story lurid or political rather than correct. Plus, there was turnover in the news staffers. They'd get a raise by moving to another market if they were good enough. So, the teaching would start over with their successor.

Maybe such a group could do better now, but personally I'd try to teach calculus to cats before undertaking that chore again.

This story sounds like the reporter was perhaps under the impression that police are so well versed in firearms use that they couldn't have had a negligent discharge.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.