thegunfeed.com

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

ashtabula

thegunfeed.com

Post by ashtabula »

Anyone know wats up with the gun feed? The entire page has not updated in quite a while, but two items , in the upper left corner, will update daily. Seems strange.
Klingon00

Re: thegunfeed.com

Post by Klingon00 »

I've noticed it too. Twitter feed hasn't updated either. It's strange if the guy was going to retire the site, why didn't he put up a notice?

I know he's come under attack on his site before that either caused him to lose control or the site went down but he was always able to put up a notice on twitter to let people know before. I just hope he's alright.
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

I have also noticed it. There are some article changes every once in a while, and not always in the upper left. But there are also headlines up that have been there for months... it used to see a pretty high turnover in updates.

I've sent a message via Twitter and an email to them, so maybe I'll get a response?
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Never knew of the site before, checked it out, and was sorely disappointed.

Links are generally to articles that are very dated - and they're not in order so you can tell what's new and what's not.

A great concept, but poor implementation.
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

BB62 wrote: Wed Mar 15, 2023 8:15 am Never knew of the site before, checked it out, and was sorely disappointed.

Links are generally to articles that are very dated - and they're not in order so you can tell what's new and what's not.

A great concept, but poor implementation.
Well bear in mind that this is the whole point of the current discussion - what is going on with the site? It's mostly not updated anymore.

Before this, it was updated on a daily basis and had a lot of good articles in it, and they cycled frequently. We have no idea what's going on with it now... I never did get an answer to my emails or DMs... one other time a year or so ago I had cause to DM them and got an answer the same day.
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

The site is back up and running! Apparently the previous "owner" passed away last year.

https://thegunfeed.com/the-gun-feed-is-back/
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

That explains what happened and is unfortunate. I'm very excited that the site is back. It was one of my daily views that just wasn't replaced. Thank you for the heads up!
FormerNavy

Post by FormerNavy »

Klingon00 wrote: Fri Oct 06, 2023 10:07 pm That explains what happened and is unfortunate. I'm very excited that the site is back. It was one of my daily views that just wasn't replaced. Thank you for the heads up!
Yeah I agree, I liked the site too. Right now it's still a work in progress, and it looks it... but I'm hopeful for a return to form as it was a great clearinghouse for gun related news.