Perrysburg Police stop

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

esprrfan2001

Perrysburg Police stop

Post by esprrfan2001 »

This am I made a rolling rt turn on a flashing yellow. Of course at 415am being only car on the road LE stopped me. I promptly notified (I know we're not REQUIRED to). He ran my DL, came back and thanked me for informing him anyway and exercising my God given rights. We talked guns a few then he sent me on my way ticketless.
ashtabula

Re: Perrysburg Police stop

Post by ashtabula »

Why did he stop you?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

ashtabula wrote:Why did he stop you?
Great question, rolling right turns on a flashing yellow are legal in Ohio as long as there aren't other conditions present (like a pedestrian in the walkway, etc.) that indicate otherwise.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

That time of night/morning? I'd guess the officer was fishing for OVIs. Happened to me about 3:30 am some years ago. Back then notification was required, first words out of my mouth. Officer claimed my rear license plate light was out. He didn't want to let me look for myself but I insisted.

Two bulbs back there. One was fine, the other was loose in its socket. Gave the thing a slight twist and it lit up again. To his great disappointment I was sober. He sent me on my way very quickly.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.