Failure to notify?

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pirateguy191

Failure to notify?

Post by pirateguy191 »

Excerpt from a Cleveland dot com article.

Weapons, Interstate 77

A driver was pulled over for traveling 76 mph in a 60 mph zone at 9:28 p.m. Nov. 23. Police found a 9 millimeter handgun in the car and the man was cited for not informing police of the weapon when asked – a violation of the man’s concealed carry permit. The man was cited for speeding and the CCW violation and police seized the handgun and ammunition.
https://www.cleveland.com/community/202 ... otter.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Failure to notify?

Post by JustaShooter »

Sigh. We make it as easy and clear as possible to stay within the law, and then this...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Darn kids these days. Back in my day, after walking uphill both ways to school, I had to do the Buckeye Tuck and preemptively notify when I got in a car. Get’n soft I say, with all these rights won back by hardworking ccws that remember the old ways like a stale piece of Pepperidge Farm bread. Yep, I remember.

Give that young’n a piece of stale bread and smack em upside the head with the bag.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

I generally keep a short leash on my firearms but I know some people tend to leave guns in their cars and forget about them. Just for the thought experiment:

What is the best way to inform if you don't happen to recall if you currently have a firearm in your car when pulled over and asked?

"Sir, I may or may not have a firearm with me, but I don't recall for sure?"
sodbuster95
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by sodbuster95 »

Not much in that blotter report, but I'm curious how they found it. As the driver was only cited for speeding, it leads me to think he gave them consent to search the vehicle.
NRA Benefactor Life Member

Information posted in these forums is my personal opinion only. It is not intended, nor should it be construed, as legal advice.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

sodbuster95 wrote:Not much in that blotter report, but I'm curious how they found it. As the driver was only cited for speeding, it leads me to think he gave them consent to search the vehicle.
Or opened the glove box to retrieve his paperwork...
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

I don't think there's enough info available to really form an opinion as to where he rates on the Dumbass Scale.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-