Alleged Ohio cop facing OVI, weapons charge

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Alleged Ohio cop facing OVI, weapons charge

Post by M-Quigley »

https://www.whio.com/news/crime-and-law ... LNGJG3VC4/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Centerville Police say the guy talking at officers in body camera footage is Patrick Bucci.

Kosik says officers pulled over for suspicion of being drunk behind the wheel.

While it’s hard to understand in the video, police tell us Bucci claims to be a police officer.

“Do you have your badge?” the officer says to Bucci on the camera.

“I have my police ID,” he said.

“You said you had one drink, right?” the officer asks him.

“Just one,” Bucci replies.

So, where does the he work? Here’s the text from the video obtained News Center 7.

“I got a police officer,” the officer said. “He’s got his gun on him. He can’t even talk straight at all. He’s got his gun on him. He’s an off-duty cop.”

Then, one of the officers in the video asked Bucci what agency he works for.

Kosik says you can’t hear what he says in the video but then the officer replies, “North Hampton, where’s that at?”

News Center 7 spent Friday working to get a response from the North Hampton Police Department including four phone calls in the last 24 hours and an email to the department.

Kosik paid them a visit Friday. The department is located at the village officers, which looks more like a house. The screen door was locked and a notice on the door says village offices are by appointment only.

The body camera obtained from News Center 7 shows the officer saying, “This guy, he’s weaving all over the place. I smelled alcohol.”

Bucci is facing preliminary charges of OVI, improper handling of a firearm in a motor vehicle and using weapons while intoxicated.
According to Google, North Hampton is a village which at the last population count allegedly had 432 people.
513resident

Re: Alleged Ohio cop facing OVI, weapons charge

Post by 513resident »

If Bucci is a police officer, then I wonder how many DUI arrests he's made. Guy has no business pulling over drunk drivers when he can't even follow the law himself.
qmti
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by qmti »

North Hampton is a little village west of Springfield, Ohio on state route 41. They have been in the news throughout the years for their "Traffic Enforcement Trap". Their budget survives on traffic citations. Even if your not speeding they will find a violation to pull you over. Unfortunately it's one of the main routes to Springfield.
synack2

Post by synack2 »

My Grandfather, Ted Hebble’s, Used to be a Police Chief in North Hampton. His Police Badge(left) from North Hampton and my Great Grandfather, John Christian Hebble’s, Police Badge from Springfield, Ohio 1898-1930

Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper