Deputy “jokingly pointed” gun negligently kills a deputy

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Deputy “jokingly pointed” gun negligently kills a deputy

Post by M-Quigley »

Ivey said the situation appeared to be an accidental shooting that happened with Walsh’s roommate, Deputy Andrew Lawson.

Walsh and Lawson were playing an online game with friends when they took a break, Ivey said.

The sheriff said Lawson “jokingly pointed” a handgun at Walsh, thinking that the weapon was unloaded before he pulled the trigger.

According to the investigation, a single round was fired.

Ivey said Lawson called 911, distraught and told them he had accidentally killed his roommate.
https://www.wftv.com/news/local/brevard ... 4AKBRKY4U/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:(
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Deputy “jokingly pointed” gun negligently kills a deputy

Post by JustaShooter »

I would change two words in the article: accident and accidentally should be changed to negligent and negligently. Sigh.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
synack2

Re: Deputy “jokingly pointed” gun negligently kills a deputy

Post by synack2 »

I hate it when people get killed with unloaded guns.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper