Recomendations for Ohio Supreme court

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Recomendations for Ohio Supreme court

Post by M-Quigley »

Anyone have a source for Ohio SC candidates that aren't anti gun?
Brian D.

Re: Recomendations for Ohio Supreme court

Post by Brian D. »

The OSC with a "-D" after their name are almost guaranteed to be anti gun, cycle after cycle.This ain't Kentucky, where finding pro gun Democrats is fairly easy statewide, except for voting districts that are part of Louisville and Lexington slums.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Brian D. wrote:The OSC with a "-D" after their name are almost guaranteed to be anti gun, cycle after cycle.This ain't Kentucky, where finding pro gun Democrats is fairly easy statewide, except for voting districts that are part of Louisville and Lexington slums.
It's been a while since I last voted but for some reason I don't recall the justices race broken down or listed by party. It's like they don't want you to know in Ohio who the Democrats are. Maybe they will be this time?
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

OSC race is non partisan so they don't list the party on the ticket

You want Kennedy, Fisher, Dewine

JLE
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

JEaton wrote:OSC race is non partisan so they don't list the party on the ticket

JLE
Ballots were changed for judges this cycle, Joe. Supreme and Appellate judge candidates DO now have a "D" or "R" (or other letter I guess) after their names. Common Pleas and Municipal Court candidates, nope. I was at the BOE voting this week, trust me.

********************************************************************************
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Got to say, I wonder what Tweed Ring would have thought about this ballot change. Personally I wish they'd do the same with ALL judge races. Non-partisan my eye, judicial candidates are always allied with one party or other. It's like the worst kept secret of our times, if you've ever been around politics.

pniemeyer
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pniemeyer »

Brian D. wrote:
JEaton wrote:OSC race is non partisan so they don't list the party on the ticket

JLE
Ballots were changed for judges this cycle, Joe. Supreme and Appellate judge candidates DO now have a "D" or "R" (or other letter I guess) after their names. Common Pleas and Municipal Court candidates, nope. I was at the BOE voting this week, trust me.
I will second what Brian said. I did the early voting thing in Warren County yesterday (had the day off work for birthday holiday) and was surprised to see Supreme Court candidates with Rs and Ds next to their names. As I recalled from previous elections, judicial races did not have Rs and Ds.
NRA Benefactor Member

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Brian D. wrote: Ballots were changed for judges this cycle, Joe. Supreme and Appellate judge candidates DO now have a "D" or "R" (or other letter I guess) after their names. Common Pleas and Municipal Court candidates, nope. I was at the BOE voting this week, trust me.

Nice! I had even pulled up my sample ballot and had not noticed that change!

JLE
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Due to this discussion, I just pulled my ballot up online. Was surprised to see no Libertarian choices. Only third party choice at state level is woman who got disqualified from SOS Republican primary.

Since DeWine and Whaley are not getting my vote, I checked who the write-in candidates are. There are four. Two say they are Pro-2A.

Renea Turner - her website is not working so Facebook is it. She also ran in 2018. Got some press in 2020 when she wanted DeWine placed under house arrest for his COVID response.

https://www.facebook.com/Ohiostrongturner

Marshall Usher - his claim to fame is he served as a campaign spokesperson for Joe Blystone

https://usherforohio.com/
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

kcclark wrote:Marshall Usher - his claim to fame is he served as a campaign spokesperson for Joe Blystone
https://usherforohio.com/

Guess that is better than being Blysone's treasurer!

JLE