Early voting starts today!

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Early voting starts today!

Post by Brian D. »

Since Hamilton County moved their Board of Elections much closer to my house, I tend to do it this way now.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Early voting starts today!

Post by schmieg »

Brian D. wrote:Since Hamilton County moved their Board of Elections much closer to my house, I tend to do it this way now.
I don't like early voting and plan on waiting until November 8.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Go early, the BoE has free "I voted" stickers, pens, and more !

********************************************************************************
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Most of what I see/hear in the MSM is Ohio is one of the most important Senate races in the country, with the polling saying it's too close to call. If Ryan wins Ohio will have 2 far left Dem Senators, and (according to the MSM :roll: ) If Ryan can win in normally red Ohio it doesn't look good for Republicans for the rest of the Senate races nationwide, particularly the Trump endorsed candidates. Not saying I agree with that assessment but I do think it's an important race. Even though I don't like McConnell, I think it's important for some balance against the administration that Schumer not be the majority leader. Despite predictions I don't think anything is assured, even the R's retaking the House.

I wanted to watch the Vance/Ryan debate but was unable where I had to be at that night. Did anyone watch the debate and if so, how did the two candidates do? Any clear winner or loser? Any unusual or interesting moments?
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

What's worse is, the (R)'s taking back the Senate....with deal'n Mitch still in charge.

Mitch
has
to
go

The AK Senator lady candidate knows it all so well!!
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

WhyNot wrote:What's worse is, the (R)'s taking back the Senate....with deal'n Mitch still in charge.

Mitch
has
to
go

The AK Senator lady candidate knows it all so well!!
I don''t like Mitch either, and I'd love to see someone else be the majority leader, but I don't agree that it's worse than having Schumer and the Democrats still in the majority.
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

ONCE (R) majority is captured, DITCH MITCH. Just barely squeaking by with 52 (R) Senators doesn't impress me with a... let's make a deal maker at the lead position.

1st things 1st, 2ndary can only happen after that.

UpChuck makes me...yes U R correct! Just saying, it shouldn't be considered all over once a majority is in place.
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

We Ohioans can't do much about McConnell. I spend enough time in Kentucky to know that he's a shoe in for re-election every single time. Short of a giant scandal he'll stay a Senator until he dies.

bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Yes...red hurricane can happen but the McConnells of the House and Senate will make certain the majorities are full of sound and fury signifying nothing.

The State Governor races have some promise, we shall see. I suspect a great many mail in ballots will need counted (in AZ, for example).
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

There's an opportunity to have 31 states under total GOP control (statehouse and veto power).
Perhaps constitutional carry? Perhaps an end to the puberty blockers and surgeries on minors? Perhaps some educational sanity?

Local level politics may bear more fruit than the federal branch.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
synack2

Post by synack2 »

I pray everyday. "Lord, when I die, please don't let me vote democrat!"
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Does anyone have a link to a good local voting guide? The big races are easy, but some of the squirrely locals... it helps to share opinions of who might deserve a vote.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

Today was the most people I have yet seen ever at this polling location. Got there maybe 1:30 and parking lot out front was full and about 25 people in line in front of me to get the access card, and every machine in use.

Even so, I was in and out and done around 10, maybe 12 minutes.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Fox just called it for JD Vance.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

plastered allll over the headlines DeSantis DeS DeS...

Didn't DeWine win by a larger margin?
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll

Yeah, I'm that good