Where is everybody?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BillytheKidder

Re: Where is everybody?

Post by BillytheKidder »

I'm still here every day, but I never did have a lot to say.
Proudly causing more problems than I solve, since 1950.
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

I'm here, always looking for deals on the swap and shop.
ashtabula

Post by ashtabula »

I told a friend about this site and told him to just Google OFCC. When I Googled that nothing pertaining to this site showed up. Duck Duck Go showed a hit several lines down, but it was not very specific. It could well be my Google skills. I have no idea how ranking works, or if Google is banning you. The easier it is to find the more people there would be.
synack2

Post by synack2 »

We all need to get together and have a open carry event at the statehouse again. That was a fun day!
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

synack2 wrote:We all need to get together and have a open carry event at the statehouse again. That was a fun day!
I don't see much point in that, unless we were there to advocate for further expansion of gun rights. Like, legalizing carry in state, county, township, and city/village buildings .
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
synack2

Post by synack2 »

They are out working. For Primers!

Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Brian D. wrote:
synack2 wrote:We all need to get together and have a open carry event at the statehouse again. That was a fun day!
I don't see much point in that, unless we were there to advocate for further expansion of gun rights. Like, legalizing carry in state, county, township, and city/village buildings .
Hmm. Pursuant to what I wrote there three days ago, yesterday found me in a northern Kentucky government building, armed. Specifically, a police station. With their full blessing. As their captain said "Isn't the first time, won't be the last. Not a big deal, since you're doing us a big favor."

Long story. Suffice to say I helped Karma bite a bad guy in the butt, all the way to the bone.

********************************************************************************
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

Hopefully you can share that story with us sometime.
docachna

Post by docachna »

ashtabula wrote:I told a friend about this site and told him to just Google OFCC. When I Googled that nothing pertaining to this site showed up. Duck Duck Go showed a hit several lines down, but it was not very specific. It could well be my Google skills. I have no idea how ranking works, or if Google is banning you. The easier it is to find the more people there would be.
Knowing Google's politics, their algorithms probably minimizing finding the site. Use duckduckgo.com. Much less "woke".....
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

docachna wrote:Use duckduckgo.com. Much less "woke".....
Sadly that isn't that true anymore. They down rank many non-PC sites for one reason or another. Partly because they rely on other woke and manipulated search engines for results but also the CEO, Gabriel Weinberg has seemingly bought into the whole "disinformation" censorship bandwagon as the others.

There are a few sites I used to read regularly that no longer appear on the first page of searches. Wikipedia and several left leaning sites are on the first page saying how horrible the site is before you even find the actual site. It's getting more difficult to find alternative voices all the time...

Even searching for "Ohio Concealed Carry", you won't find https://ohioccwforums.org on the first page... Cleveland 19 and CNN have positions 1 and 2 on that search.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Klingon00 wrote:Even searching for "Ohio Concealed Carry", you won't find https://ohioccwforums.org on the first page... Cleveland 19 and CNN have positions 1 and 2 on that search.
Quite honestly, that's not because of search engine censorship or wokeism, that's because we spend zero dollars and zero effort on search engine optimization but those other sites spend millions of dollars and tons of effort to make sure their sites appear as high in the results as possible for any terms hat appear in their articles.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Klingon00

Post by Klingon00 »

JustaShooter wrote: Quite honestly, that's not because of search engine censorship or wokeism, that's because we spend zero dollars and zero effort on search engine optimization but those other sites spend millions of dollars and tons of effort to make sure their sites appear as high in the results as possible for any terms hat appear in their articles.
That may be, but I remember the day when searches came back with useful results. It is how I originally found this site back in around 2008 when I was looking for information on how to get my license and I'm glad I did. I've learned far more about the law and pitfalls of a CHL here, than I ever did in the required classes, which used to be quite lengthy.

These days, people go looking for certain information and they have to wade past pages of people telling them they have wrong think before they find the first real information they're looking for.

Regardless of the reason, the outcome is the same and the results may be partially responsible for this topic.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Just for comparison, I did some searches for "ohioANS concealed carry." This forum was #2 on DuckDuckGo and either #5 or #7 on MSN, Yahoo, Bing, and Dogpile.

And then there is Google. OFCC's main site was at top of page 3. The Facebook page was in middle of page 4. These forums was at top of page 5.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

kcclark wrote:Just for comparison, I did some searches for "ohioANS concealed carry."
I was just on Newsmax. It had a sponsored ad for Freespoke. It was a new to me search engine. I tried the same search there. These forums were #1. OFCC home page was #7. OFCC Facebook page was #8. I played with Firefox and now Freespoke is my default search engine.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Nobody's posted here in like three days. Geez!