Who's the most progun candidate??

Discussion of Firearm Politics & Legislation. This forum is now strictly limited to discussions directly related to firearms.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Who's the most progun candidate??

Post by AzRanger »

Matt Dolan, Mike Gibbons, Jane Timken, Josh Mandel, J.D. Vance? Did I miss anyone??

Whadya think??? :?:
God made man, Colt made them equal
EricTheBald

Re: Who's the most progun candidate??

Post by EricTheBald »

Me, if I was running.

I'm to the right of Alan Gura.

But I'm not, so Mark Pukita is who you want.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

EricTheBald wrote:Me, if I was running.

Never heard of him! I'll have to look him up. 8)
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

EricTheBald wrote:Me, if I was running.

I looked him up, looks like a solid choice. Mike Gibbons and Jane Timken are also pro gun. So is Josh Mandel.
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

I don't trust Mandel as far as I can throw Chuck.

When I spoke to Gibbons at the PITP and asked him for specifics about what he planned to do if elected, he had NOTHING. How does someone run for office without having SOME kind of clue about what to do if they get elected?

Timken I don't know anything about.

I DO know that saying you're pro-gun means exactly jack squat to me. In fact, it's likely to make me suspicious about why you said pro-gun and not pro-2A.

AND, I want to hear WHY, and what it means to you.

I know that I can answer those questions immediately and in depth, so if you want my vote you better damn well be able to do the same. If you can't, I have the right to conclude that you're a RINO who is just trying to tell me what you think I want to hear.
-

-
marca

Post by marca »

What does the hive think about JD Vance? He talks a good line, but I can’t get over him thinking Trump was an idiot and talking about voting for Hillary in the 2016 election.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

marca wrote:What does the hive think about JD Vance? He talks a good line, but I can’t get over him thinking Trump was an idiot and talking about voting for Hillary in the 2016 election.
I didn't think Trump was an idiot, but I couldn't vote for the Hildebeast in 2016. Trump was (nor is) a conservative, but he was a damn good president - he could have been better if he had kept his fingers off the phone, but being against him in the Republican primaries should not at all be a disqualifier. I'm still undecided in the Senate race though.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

marca wrote:What does the hive think about JD Vance? He talks a good line, but I can’t get over him thinking Trump was an idiot and talking about voting for Hillary in the 2016 election.

J.D. Vance has explained his opposition by saying that he was wrong.

If Kay-Suck had given the same answer about the 1994 AWB, I wouldn't have needed to vote for Strickland.
-

-
marca

Post by marca »

EricTheBald wrote:

J.D. Vance has explained his opposition by saying that he was wrong.

If Kay-Suck had given the same answer about the 1994 AWB, I wouldn't have needed to vote for Strickland.
If he was dumb enough to be wrong then, maybe he isn’t smart enough to be a good choice now.
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

Marca,

That might be a valid argument, but no more so that someone admitting he was wrong about something he did in the past.

What led me to vote for Strickland over Kasich is that I had reached out through an important figure in the Ohio GOP, and pretty much provided the answer I wanted to hear. I INTENTIONALLY made the question as "softball" as I possibly could; and Kay-Suck STILL wouldn't answer.

Then he pulled that Dam Scam. His PLAN was to accelerate the construction to have Buckeye Lake open again for the GOP convention in 2016. The guy who owns Quickrete, and who lives on the North Shore, offered to fix the entire 4-mile length of the dam for $100,000. But Kay-Suck needed the kickbacks from the $100m - $150m build to finance his campaign, and the good publicity to sweep the convention.

Like the Spanish Inquisition, he just didn't see Trump coming.
I did, but I grew up in NY and had been watching Trump since the 70's.

I have a friend who is a Democrat, albeit one of the Old School "Blue Dog" or JFK type of Democrat.

He's not a fan of Trump, but I did get him to admit to one good thing that Trump did, which was RUINING Kay-Sucks plans.
-

-
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

I'm liking Josh Mandel, Marine, pro gun, very conservative. Google his bio 8)
Mustang380gal
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by Mustang380gal »

Mandel was a Marine then a career politician. I am not a fan of those. He may be perfectly fine, but those don’t always work out too well.

I like Gibbons so far. It’s been a while since the PITP so I don’t remember how specific he was on things. I do remember that time seemed to be short and he had lots of people talking to him. I also left the party with a good impression of him.
RIFLEWOMAN, wife of a RIFLEMAN, mom of 9, NRA life member, OFCC Patron member!
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Mandel's quest has always been the next rung on the ladder. Not for me...
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
cityboy
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by cityboy »

https://pukitaforsenate2022.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Mark Pukita
buckeye43210

Post by buckeye43210 »

FYI, JD Vance is also a prior service Marine Corps veteran. Here's a link to an article he wrote in the Columbus dispatch describing his early firearms training and gun control concerns.
The first time my grandmother ever let me shoot a weapon, she taught me the three most important safety rules — keep the safety on until you’re ready to fire, keep your finger off the trigger until you’re ready to fire, and never point a weapon at anything you don’t want to kill.
https://www.dispatch.com/story/opinion/ ... 025533002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;