Meijer- CCW Policy

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bearable

Re: Meijer- CCW Policy

Post by Bearable »

Berettas4me wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:05 pm Meijer over here had the NO GUNS sign for a while starting later last year 2022.
At some point over that time the Hilliard Rome store at least replaced it with a 'open carry prohibited' sign...
But was the sign posted in a conspicuous location? If not it really has no effect.

Black's Law Dictionary:
"Conspicuous place". Within the meaning of a statute relating to the posting of notices, a "conspicuous place" means one which is reasonably calculated to impart the information in question."

The term "conspicuous place" means that a reasonable person against whom it is to operate ought to have noticed it.

At the Meijer near where I live the little sticker is on a side window and buried among many other stickers. It is not conspicuous. It does not meet the terms of the statute. And without the sign being conspicuous, trespass cannot arise. I'm speaking from experience.
Berettas4me

Re: Meijer- CCW Policy

Post by Berettas4me »

Bearable wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 3:21 pm
Berettas4me wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2023 1:05 pm Meijer over here had the NO GUNS sign for a while starting later last year 2022.
At some point over that time the Hilliard Rome store at least replaced it with a 'open carry prohibited' sign...
But was the sign posted in a conspicuous location? If not it really has no effect.

Black's Law Dictionary:
"Conspicuous place". Within the meaning of a statute relating to the posting of notices, a "conspicuous place" means one which is reasonably calculated to impart the information in question."

The term "conspicuous place" means that a reasonable person against whom it is to operate ought to have noticed it.

At the Meijer near where I live the little sticker is on a side window and buried among many other stickers. It is not conspicuous. It does not meet the terms of the statute. And without the sign being conspicuous, trespass cannot arise. I'm speaking from experience.
Yeah, the sign was big and right at on front door.
I did a rant video about last year. it was definitely something you couldnt miss.
Now its smaller sign but thankfully says no open carry, so we can carry concealed.

In my mind nothing at Meijer is worth a day in court. If they let me carry concealed, I'll shop there. My gun is for defense, not for show, so Im good with the current sign.

Just kinda odd that Meijer posted at all with all these china owned walmarts that dont have a single sign about guns either way. lol