Meijer- CCW Policy

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Re: Meijer- CCW Policy

Post by Brian D. »

Back in 2005 we (with help from other gun rights forums and groups) crashed the computers at Kroger with complaint emails, three times in a week. They gave up the no guns policy.

I think the same could happen with Meijer, especially if people in their HQs state took the lead.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
gaptrick
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by gaptrick »

Well, I emailed my dissatisfaction with corporate and will hand deliver a NGNM card next time in the area. Will include receipt copies of recent lawn furniture and fencing purchased elsewhere...I wanted to include the number of Ohioans who carry while not shooting ANYBODY EVER but didn't have an accurate number.
Unarmed people are vulnerable people, and criminal predators prey upon them.

AWRHawkin

"A story about a bird stealing a knife from a crime scene...and we're more interested in hearing about the Canadian with a gun.
Man, we need to get lives."
MWSY
Roller
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Roller »

I too have the same replies from corporate as have been posted here - “boiler plate”.I did receive a personal call from the Store Director of my local Meijers. He apologized but also confirmed it was a corporate decision. I am keeping track of money that would have gone to Meijer grocery and gas stations and will be periodically sending letters to them to let them know how much I took to other businesses. I know it is not a lot of money by corporate standards, but it is my money and I didn’t give it to them and I want them to know it.

On another note, I have a suspicion that this all started with the passage of Constitutional Carry and the anti-gunners propaganda that anybody can carry a gun anywhere without training. I suspect Meijers just said “not here” and put up the No Guns stickers.
Stay safe; Check 360
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

Roller wrote:On another note, I have a suspicion that this all started with the passage of Constitutional Carry and the anti-gunners propaganda that anybody can carry a gun anywhere without training. I suspect Meijers just said “not here” and put up the No Guns stickers.
Started in Michigan where permitless concealed carry does not exist. When it showed up in Ohio and Indiana, permitless concealed carry was still a dream.
Roller
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Roller »

I should have been more clear with my previous comment. I was referring to Constitutional Carry passage across the nation as opposed to the recently passed Ohio law. I still think that Meijer Corporate saw the hand writing on the wall and decided to prohibit any type of carry in their stores. One sign prohibits all types of carry. An anti gunners dream!

Today I spent $172.00 on groceries that Meijer did not get. I know that this amount of money is invisible to Meijer but I know I didn't spend the money in their store.
Stay safe; Check 360
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Roller wrote:Today I spent $172.00 on groceries that Meijer did not get. I know that this amount of money is invisible to Meijer but I know I didn't spend the money in their store.
Mail the receipt to them, along with an OFCC "No Guns = No Money" card.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Shoooooooooo eeeeee!

I can't wait to see the smoke y'all send towards local or national politicians in the upcoming primary season, seeing how they sell us out and Meijer ain't even taken an oath to uphold something we believe in.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

If it hasn't been pointed out before I'd like to remind you all that Meijer is not a corporation in the sense we normally think.
Meijer is a privately owned company (reputed to the the largest in the US).
Therefore the owning family makes the rules. It's their football and field.
AlanM
There are no dangerous weapons; there are only dangerous men. - RAH
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

AlanM wrote:If it hasn't been pointed out before I'd like to remind you all that Meijer is not a corporation in the sense we normally think.
Meijer is a privately owned company (reputed to the the largest in the US).
Therefore the owning family makes the rules. It's their football and field.
Any idea where they live? Think their neighborhood has room for an open carry event?

{I'm kidding, sort of.}
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Roller
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Roller »

One member of the family is a Republican US Congressional Representative from Michigan..
Stay safe; Check 360
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Email them and ask them if they would post this in front of their homes.

Ask them if their security employees are armed.

Point out the most of their customers can afford their own body guards.

Point out that nearly all multiple victim shootings occur in no gun zones.
AlanM
Four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, ammo - use in that order.
If you aren't part of the solution, then you obviously weren't properly dissolved.
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Roller wrote:One member of the family is a Republican US Congressional Representative from Michigan..
That would be Representative Peter Meijer who is up for re-election this year.

https://ballotpedia.org/Michigan's_3rd_ ... l_District

https://ballotpedia.org/Peter_Meijer LOTS of links to ways to contact him here.

His website: https://meijer.house.gov/
AlanM
AlanM

Post by AlanM »

Roller wrote:One member of the family is a Republican US Congressional Representative from Michigan..
That would be Representative Peter Meijer who is up for re-election this year.

https://ballotpedia.org/Michigan's_3rd_ ... l_District

https://ballotpedia.org/Peter_Meijer LOTS of links to ways to contact him here.

His website: https://meijer.house.gov/
AlanM
JLJLJ

Post by JLJLJ »

I saw the New signs in Westerville, OH and Lewis Center OH. I was offended. I called Meijer headquarters and was told that in February 2022 they decided to re-state their policy that they do not allow guns. They also decided to post the anti-CCW stickers at their entrances.
I told them that I spent $400 a month and had been for 30 years at their stores. I was told that I would have to find a different store. They don't find me safe.
If you haven't seen the stickers in the windows/Doors of your store, you will soon. I say to Hell with them. I don't patronize businesses that support Defund the Police and I don't shop at businesses that discriminate against Americans' Constitutional Rights!
I'll shop at Giant Eagle from now on.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

BearingArms.com writer John Petrolino shares the responses and lack of responses he got from Meijer.

https://bearingarms.com/john-petrolino/ ... ned-n57370