Meijer- CCW Policy

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

odellda

Meijer- CCW Policy

Post by odellda »

I visited the Meijer at 5858 Springboro Pike in Dayton (Washington Township/West Carrollton) and was greeted with a large gun buster sign. I've never seen this before and I couldn't find anything online regarding their policy.

Has Meijer changed their policy for CCW holders?

Thanks.
Brian D.

Re: Meijer- CCW Policy

Post by Brian D. »

Not in my area. All it takes is one overzealous store manager, or even employee, to post.

Welcome to our forums, by the way.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'm about to stop by the Meijer in Oakley (Cincinnati). Will report back later.

********************************************************************************
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I was at the Meijer in Englewood, Oh on friday, and the Richmond Indiana location yesterday, no gun buster signs on the doors yet. I know Indiana isn't Ohio, but if it's a corporate wide thing, it's still part of the corporation.
Last edited by M-Quigley on Mon Feb 14, 2022 11:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
synack2

Post by synack2 »

There is no sign at Springfield Meijer's. There policy is to ask customers who open carry to leave, but they have never had a problem with Concealed carry.
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Really starting to sound like a manager overstepped their authority and posted it. odellda have you contacted corporate yet to see if their policy has changed, and if they are aware of the sign at that store?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
docachna

Post by docachna »

JustaShooter wrote:Really starting to sound like a manager overstepped their authority and posted it. odellda have you contacted corporate yet to see if their policy has changed, and if they are aware of the sign at that store?
I understand why you might ask the question of the corp, but I keep thinking of "be careful what you ask for, you just might get it". Is this the only store manager who has been kowtowed enough to immediately implement a new corporate policy, while the rest are afraid of pi$$ing off the 2A crowd and their friends ??? Hard to know...........
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
HammySwammy

Post by HammySwammy »

Noticed that the Avon location is posted too. A friend reported the same for Amherst but I’ve not been there myself.

Don’t think it’s a rogue manager because the sign is in Meijer’s trademarked blue. It’s also not the state sign that anybody can download off the Internet and tape up. It’s a blue 6-8 inch circle with no words just an icon of a pistol with a blue slash through it.

They are on record in the press saying they don’t want open carry so I guess my take of this wordless sign is that they don’t want any visible pistols. Since the sign lacks any words I’m considering the pictogram in context with their only public statements on the matter of firearms in their stores.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

docachna wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:Really starting to sound like a manager overstepped their authority and posted it. odellda have you contacted corporate yet to see if their policy has changed, and if they are aware of the sign at that store?
I understand why you might ask the question of the corp, but I keep thinking of "be careful what you ask for, you just might get it". Is this the only store manager who has been kowtowed enough to immediately implement a new corporate policy, while the rest are afraid of pi$$ing off the 2A crowd and their friends ??? Hard to know...........
I did a google search and could not find anything concerning a new Meijer policy on CC, only the same OC statement they made a few years ago, (we respectfully request customers not open carry in their stores) If it was some new corporate policy someone else should've heard of it and reported it by now, even if it isn't on their website. Heck, the anti gunners would be crowing about it all day long, how they got a company to cave to them, and I'm not finding any of that either.

I wouldn't automatically assume the store manager ordered or placed the sign either. I know of at least 2 instances where a no guns graphic was placed where the GM or owner did not approve of it. In one case it turned out to be an employee at a chain pizza place who took it upon herself to put one up. At the other place all the employees denied doing it and it's believed someone just stuck a sticker on the window just to mess with the business. You can get those stickers on the internet.
dustymedic
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by dustymedic »

I was just in the East Columbus store, nothing posted...
Somewhere, Darwin is crying...

Just remember, the largest mass murder in US history was committed with box cutters...
ruger

Post by ruger »

None of their stores up near Lake Erie are posted either (Sandusky, Lorain, Avon)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

No signage at the Oakley Meijer. Recently I saw a sign at one Walmart "kindly requesting" customers not to open carry.

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

HammySwammy wrote:Since the sign lacks any words I’m considering the pictogram in context with their only public statements on the matter of firearms in their stores.
I'm afraid that's not the right way to look at it. Policy on a website or reported in the press is meaningless, the sign itself is what matters. Since there is no wording limiting the extent, you should take it to mean "no guns", period, as the image depicts. Doing otherwise risks a Criminal Trespass charge, with up to 30 days in jail and $250 fine.

And, besides the legalities, why would you give a known anti-gun business your money?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Not sure if it's because my eyes are getting worse the older I get but........I just don't see those signs anymore. It's really weird.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

And, besides the legalities, why would you give a known anti-gun business your money?
It's getting more & more difficult to find one who is pro-2A.

So, my answer is , ''because they're all that way at least in part.''

Concealed...hidden. Not easy to detect. Utilizing normal clothing patterns to hide outlines. Other etc.

I just say'n 8)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good