Constitutional Carry Bill

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Dave44142

Re: Constitutional Carry Bill

Post by Dave44142 »

Is it true that Governor Mike De Wine has signed the Constitutional carry bill? if so
is there any bad parts to the bill that we should know ?
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Dave44142 wrote:Is it true that Governor Mike De Wine has signed the Constitutional carry bill? if so
He signed it. Although it wasn't as good as we wanted, there isn't anything bad in it.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

JustaShooter wrote:
Dave44142 wrote:Is it true that Governor Mike De Wine has signed the Constitutional carry bill? if so
He signed it. Although it wasn't as good as we wanted, there isn't anything bad in it.
What more did you want?? :roll:
God made man, Colt made them equal
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

AzRanger wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
What more did you want?? :roll:
What we wanted was true constitutional carry, where all laws making possession & carry of a firearm illegal are repealed. Anyone who thinks we could get all of that at once is delusional.

What we were hoping for in this bill was the original language, which would allow anyone 21 and over not prohibited from possessing a firearm under Ohio or Federal law to be able to carry without a license.

What was delivered was a law that says to carry without a license you must not have anything in your background that would prevent you from getting a CHL. (Which, I believe, was added to secure DeWine's signature.)

What that means is we still have work to do, and that is exactly what OFCC will continue to do - work to restore our rights through the legislative process.

Hopefully, that answers your question (though, I know you intended your comment to be a snarky response rather than a serious question.)
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

JustaShooter wrote: What we wanted was true constitutional carry, where all laws making possession & carry of a firearm illegal are repealed. Anyone who thinks we could get all of that at once is delusional.

What we were hoping for in this bill was the original language, which would allow anyone 21 and over not prohibited from possessing a firearm under Ohio or Federal law to be able to carry without a license.

What was delivered was a law that says to carry without a license you must not have anything in your background that would prevent you from getting a CHL. (Which, I believe, was added to secure DeWine's signature.)

What that means is we still have work to do, and that is exactly what OFCC will continue to do - work to restore our rights through the legislative process.

Hopefully, that answers your question (though, I know you intended your comment to be a snarky response rather than a serious question.)

Also, just to address the part I bolded, if someone is wondering what that is and wants examples of the difference, it is mentioned by justashooter here: (scroll halfway down)

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=95955" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

Justa Shooter, Why did you think it was a snarky response? It was a serious question! Oh wait you KNEW that I intended for it to be snarky?? You better trade in your crystal ball because it's wrong! Seems to me the one that's "snarky" here is you!
Thanks for the info anyway!
AzRanger
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

AzRanger wrote:.

Justa Shooter, Why did you think it was a snarky response? It was a serious question! Oh wait you KNEW that I intended for it to be snarky?? You better trade in your crystal ball because it's wrong! Seems to me the one that's "snarky" here is you!
AzRanger
It's too late for you to feign offense at my response. The rolleyes emoji is kind of a giveaway, as is the phrasing of the comment. A serious question would have been handled differently and you know it.
NRA Life Member

AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

JustaShooter wrote:
AzRanger wrote:.

AzRanger
It's too late for you to feign offense at my response. The rolleyes emoji is kind of a giveaway, as is the phrasing of the comment. A serious question would have been handled differently and you know it.
Well too bad! I didn't realize I used the roll eyes emoji and I meant nothing snarky I was asking a serious question. I could care less what you think anyway so go chill out! :evil:

You're a SITE coordinator? Wow, you ought to tamp down your attitude!! You may have just caused me to drop my membership to this group because of YOUR attitude!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

AzRanger wrote: You're a SITE coordinator? Wow, you ought to tamp down your attitude!! You may have just caused me to drop my membership to this group because of YOUR attitude!
AzRanger, JustaShooter is more than just a site coordinator here. He does a lot of the work on the OFCC Facebook page as well. Plus, he goes hands on at in person OFCC events like the Picnic and Fun 'n' Gun. I wish I still had his level of enthusiasm for and dedication to this organization.

In no way am I taking any sort of swipe at you here, Az. Just offering information.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

AzRanger wrote:Anyone that read my question and thought I was being "snarky"...
I don't see how anyone could look objectively at what you posted and come to a different opinion. The wording and the emoji make it look snarky, period.

And, by the way, personal attacks are against forum rules. They won't be tolerated. Posts deleted.
NRA Life Member

kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

AzRanger wrote: Justa Shooter, Why did you think it was a snarky response? It was a serious question! Oh wait you KNEW that I intended for it to be snarky?? You better trade in your crystal ball because it's wrong! Seems to me the one that's "snarky" here is you!
When you posted your response, your two question marks and :roll: had me wondering what you really meant. My crystal ball leaned towards you giving JustaShooter a little jab.
AzRanger
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by AzRanger »

Yea I guess I could see how people took that as a snarky remark but it wasn't intended as that. I still don't appreciate Justashooter's attitude!! :|