Shooting death and injury on Alec Baldwin movie set.

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Shooting death and injury on Alec Baldwin movie set.

Post by catfish86 »

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/a ... e-shooting

So Alec Baldwin is in Vermont...probably scouting border crossings and flights from Canada to France.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

catfish86 wrote: So Alec Baldwin is in Vermont...probably scouting border crossings and flights from Canada to France.
Guess the sheriff in Santa Fe didn't give Baldwin the old "Don't leave town" speech.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

^ Hollywood royalty privileges...... :P
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/a ... t-shooting Baldwin speaks. Everybody is upset. This is a "one in a trillion" accident...When one violates almost all the safety rules I find that hard to believe.
God,

Gun control is racist.
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

I know that this event wasn't about blanks or blank-shooting guns, but I did find this video very interesting. I never knew there was so much going on!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GnOUrRTf6jg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

^ From the Forgotten Weapons YouTube Channel, interview with Charlie Taylor, the man behind Movie Armaments Group.
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

One thing I saw pointed out on Fox News about this. The pistol is a Colt Single Action Army Ubertie replica. Being single action, that means Baldwin had to cock the hammer and then pull the trigger. Considering they were supposedly trying to line up the camera angles, the negligence involved in discharging this firearm goes up. This speaks to a level of ignorance in handling this firearm to argue against any sympathy for Baldwin.
God,

Gun control is racist.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

catfish86 wrote:https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/a ... t-shooting Baldwin speaks. Everybody is upset. This is a "one in a trillion" accident...When one violates almost all the safety rules I find that hard to believe.
Correction, he violated all of the safety rules.
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

catfish86 wrote:One thing I saw pointed out on Fox News about this. The pistol is a Colt Single Action Army Ubertie replica.
Where did you find that?

I've been trying to track that info down since last week and I've had little luck in doing so.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

https://www.reuters.com/legal/governmen ... 021-10-27/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Via Reuters, Sheriff Mendoza was quoted that the weapon was a "Pietta Long Colt revolver." It's then been taken by some to mean that it's one of their SAA clones.

I'm not very well versed in revolvers to begin with, and considerably less-so where it comes to the Western-style wheelguns, so I don't know what to make of the above, as a peek at their online catalog shows quite a number of different styles. I lack the knowledge to discern if all of their .45 Long Colt chambering are Colt SAA clones, or if there are other, more subtle differences at-play.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Some Italian companies have been making single action clones since at least the beginning of the "spaghetti western" movie era. When cowboy action shooting started, things ramped up considerably. Most are copies of the Colt Peacemaker, but the old Remington 1875/1890, S&W Schofield, and others have been made too.

********************************************************************************
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Adding to that, the factories there have merged, and other brands came along over there. Not being in the firearms business, I long ago lost track of who makes what these days.

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

TSiWRX wrote:https://www.reuters.com/legal/governmen ... 021-10-27/

Via Reuters, Sheriff Mendoza was quoted that the weapon was a "Pietta Long Colt revolver." It's then been taken by some to mean that it's one of their SAA clones.

I'm not very well versed in revolvers to begin with, and considerably less-so where it comes to the Western-style wheelguns, so I don't know what to make of the above, as a peek at their online catalog shows quite a number of different styles. I lack the knowledge to discern if all of their .45 Long Colt chambering are Colt SAA clones, or if there are other, more subtle differences at-play.
From the link:
Gutierrez, whose job is formally called the film crew's armorer, said ammunition was not secured on the set during a lunch break before the shooting, the affidavit showed. It quoted her as saying that firearms were secured inside a safe during the break and that no live ammunition is ever kept on a movie set.

"Only a few people" had access to the safe and knew the combination to open it, Gutierrez said, according to the affidavit.
If true that's very concerning from a chain of custody standpoint.
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

"I didndo it!"

Alec had an interview with George Stephanopolous in which he stated he did not pull the trigger. I'd like to know how the gun discharged then as would the attorneys. The interview is to show today.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

You can get an online preview, and parts have been leaked out as well. Supposedly Baldwin was holding the gun, the hammer wasn't cocked, he didn't pull the trigger, and he didn't drop the gun before the discharge happened.

Those four things CANNOT all be true.

M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

So Baldwin is claiming this NOW? Why didn't he mention this in the beginning?

Here is something that may explain where the live rounds might've come from.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/entertai ... 814080002/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;