Bun's Restaurant Delaware

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

evan price
Forum Janitor
Forum Janitor

Bun's Restaurant Delaware

Post by evan price »

First time eating out at Bun's in a couple years. They have a nice patio now.
Anyway, read the gunbuster sign behind the register which to my surprise isn't a liquor control sign, it's a full- force CPZ gunbusters sign.
Guess I won't be back.
"20% accurate as usual, Morty."

Striking down evil with the mighty sword of teamwork and the hammer of not bickering!
Carpe Noctem- we get more done after 2 am than most people do all day.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Bun's Restaurant Delaware

Post by JustaShooter »

Did you leave them a "no guns=no money" card?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

Behind the register instead of the front door isn't exactly "Conspicuous".

One poster on this forum was ordered by his boss to post his business but wasn't told where to put the sign. He diligently posted the sign in the back of the refrigerator.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

That's too bad. Bun's survived Covid but maybe not their own hoplophobia. Next trip to Delaware I'll have a look and give out a NG = NM card. Maybe try to convince someone just to stay in practice, or maybe just point and laugh. (The latter can be very effective if you walk in, and then back out, with a large group.)
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
docachna

Post by docachna »

Brian D. wrote:That's too bad. Bun's survived Covid but maybe not their own hoplophobia. Next trip to Delaware I'll have a look and give out a NG = NM card. Maybe try to convince someone just to stay in practice, or maybe just point and laugh. (The latter can be very effective if you walk in, and then back out, with a large group.)
If it's a place that serves alcohol, Excuse #1 seems to always be "we serve alcohol, so you can't have guns in here."

Once that is pointed out as a falsehood, the most common Excuse #2 seems to be "our insurance company makes us post it".

Once that is dismissed as highly unlikely (I was in insurance 25 years, and never heard of it), Excuse #3 often is "well, we want our customers to feel safe !".

Once I then ask them if they're going to protect their customers from harm by throwing the grease from the fryer at the BG, things usually go downhill from there.

Can't figure out why.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
dingode

Post by dingode »

I grew up in Delaware and it used to be a very conservative town and county. Unfortunately, as Columbus grows the liberals moved into Delaware in force and it isn't what it was when I lived there. I'm not even sure if Buns is locally owned anymore. When I'm in town I try to get to the Hamburger Inn and enjoy the atmosphere and a cinnamon roll.