FUN N GUN 2021

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: FUN N GUN 2021

Post by Sevens »

Haha what a blast, and it was great fun to see you win that Sig. As Jake was reading the number (the second time after duping everyone the first time…) I started to sweat, wondering HOW I might have to get rid of a Sig if I got stuck with a Sig! :D

The PLATE TORTURE stage was fantastic and while a lot of work to set up, what fun to shoot.

All the stages were a heap of fun and our RSO’s were pros at running them, scoring them and keeping everyone safe and in a smooth running order. That job cannot be easy but these guys made it look easy. And when they shot each stage, they made the stage look easy too!

Big thanks to all the OFCC guys I know that donated their time and energy for this event including Jake, Brian, Steve and Gary. Shout out to Kim who was missed. Big thanks also to CCFSA for hosting us, if this place were just a little closer than 90mins one way, I’d be a member here for certain.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

The CCFSA crew of range safety officers..well, this was one of the few times in all my years of shooting matches or running them when I said to myself "We got more than enough help here".

It's that tear down at the end when all the props, paper and steel targets, other range equipment etc. has to be put away that wears us out. Well, me, anyway. But I was okay for the ride home, after popping a few ibuprofen and firing up a cigar.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Upon further reflection, at 59 years of age, I'm getting too old to chase fast moving 20 somethings across the range. Plus, toting that steel at the end. Whenever we do this again, recruit some younger volunteers would ya Jake?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.