Engage Virtual Range - Avon

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

3 gun

Engage Virtual Range - Avon

Post by 3 gun »

Went to the opening weekend in Avon Lake. Nice set-up but was surprised & not surprised to find it posted. Surprised because they make a point of requiring a CCW to use some of their training programs. Not surprised because they have no live fire ranges at the location. I made the suggestion that lockers or gun safes for CCW holders to lock their sidearms up might be a better PR stance than posting.

After that I will say the system looks and works nice, at least what they were running as demos. What I saw I'd rate at around a 85% life like training compared to live fire. Even if the CO2 powered "gun" only has the recoil of about a 22LR. Still worthwhile and if it had been live fire I would've gone thru about $250 worth of ammo so while the per/hr cost might seem high todays ammo cost make it much more bearable.

They also have a Medina location that I have not been to but would expect it to be posted also. The system seems to be the same that Parma Armory runs but the screen size is bigger, set up a bit nicer and they have more "guns" to choose from in running a drills.

They are offering a grand opening rate .. but I don't know if it's good for Medina also
https://www.engagevirtualrange.com/page/avon-lake-open" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
An unloaded pistol is a paperweight. Opportunity knocks..Trouble kicks down the door.
Change you can believe in..Pre-65 US silver coins
NRA Certified RSO and Instructor in rifle, pistol and shotgun.
Brian D.

Re: Engage Virtual Range - Avon

Post by Brian D. »

3 gun wrote:Went to the opening weekend in Avon Lake. Nice set-up but was surprised & not surprised to find it posted. Surprised because they make a point of requiring a CCW to use some of their training programs. Not surprised because they have no live fire ranges at the location. I made the suggestion that lockers or gun safes for CCW holders to lock their sidearms up might be a better PR stance than posting.
I don't disagree in theory, but the locker area better be in a separate room with Kevlar® lined walls. There are CHL holders (and open carriers) among us that are not very safe firearms handlers. As we know, the one thing virtually all negligent discharges have in common is that the gun was being HANDLED at the time.

Hopefully some of the staff at this business are armed, and skilled themselves. Would make me feel a little safer.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.