Armed Security vs Two Intoxicated Punks

Use this forum to post your experience with encounters with law enforcement, criminals, or other encounters as a result of your firearm or potential to be carrying one.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

pistolepete

Armed Security vs Two Intoxicated Punks

Post by pistolepete »

Last August I was working an armed security post alone on a Sunday afternoon around 4pm.I heard a vehicle enter the property tires squealing. I observed a SUV with a BM hanging out the window screaming. I went outside to investigate. I saw 2 BM and 1 BF exit vehicle and proceed to the entrance of the building, In order to enter High Rise building they needed to show me valid picture ID.As soon as I made that request insults and disorderly behavior occured. One of the males tried to go around me and not sign in. After rounding him up to the office and in the process of signing them in their loud and disorderly behavior caused me to deny them entry. My decision was based on the fact that they were highly intoxicated and causing a disturbance. I then asked them to leave the property. After numerous insults directed at me they were still on site. I informed them that they should leave or be subject to criminal trespass. When it became apparent that they would not leave, I attempted to radio dispatch to call APD (Akron PD). I got no response. One of the males now stood in front of me and lifted his shirt to reveal what turned out to be a SW SD .40,in his front waist band. I imediately drew my 10mm 1911 and ordered him to the ground, He refused to comply and stated he had a CCW. I told him that he then just f---ked up and to drop the weapon carefully. He refused to comply with any orders except not to reach for the weapon. I tried 2 more times to radio dispatch with no response. I them say heard them "looks like no help for you WB". They both proceeded to attack me. Since the male with the gun was not reaching for his weapon I decided to swing my 42 oz. 1911,unfortunately I missed. i then transitioned my weapon to my left hand and deployed a particularly nasty CS/Pepper Spray, to his eyes nose and mouth. Unbeknownsed to me my Dispatch had witnessed everything on camera and APD was on the way. The gunman went down and was arrested. All he was charged with was Agg. Menacing(M-1).Never was tested for drugs or alcohol. Last week the Assis. Prosecutor called to tell me that since the plaintiff had requested a jury trial,and in light of COVID they were going to dismiss charges upon his completion of anger management. In addition a forfeiture hearing was to be held. I give up. The criminals win again.
Aesinsp
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Armed Security vs Two Intoxicated Punks

Post by Aesinsp »

You did everything within your power and went home safely. That sounds like a win.
Some things are out of our control.
"If you are not prepared to use force to defend civilization, then be prepared to accept barbarism."
Thomas Sowell, Knowledge And Decisions

Never forget and Never again, Molon labe
skylinechiliboi

Post by skylinechiliboi »

Great positive control of the situation brother. Glad to see you made it out unscathed.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Did the guy state he had a weapon, or did he mean a carry license? If the latter, did that turn out to be true?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Our department has picked multiple people with felonies from surrounding communities. For the most part, because of the WuFlu, it's advise and release.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JohnEggers

Post by JohnEggers »

Quite a thought-provoking thread.