9mm 124gr LRN and BE-86

To learn and introduce new loaders. Tips and tricks from old timers.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

revred

9mm 124gr LRN and BE-86

Post by revred »

I had decided to revamp my workshop over a year ago and got everything tore out, but a sudden hospital stay put everything on hold. Anyway, I am finally getting things started...where the presses will be mounted, tool locations, etc...but, while getting things organized, I discovered a bottle of BE-86 sitting on the back of a shelf. I, honestly, have no clue where it came from, but it made me smile. :)

I was wondering if anyone had a good recipe(s) for using BE-86 with 9mm(.356) 124gr LRN boolits?

Thanks!

Chris
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free, because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything that I do." Professor Bernardo de La Paz in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

"What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"
"The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world."
weakhand luke

Re: 9mm 124gr LRN and BE-86

Post by weakhand luke »

Congratulations on the great find! I could never be so lucky, God only know what I might find if I go digging.

I always like to go to the horse's mouth when I start with a new load. I checked Alliant's site and they do list a BE-86 load in 9mm with a 125gr lead bullet. Consider their data as maximum and start by reducing the load by 10% or so..

I've always wondered if BE-86 is flash suppressed Power Pistol? I like Power Pistol and I like muzzle flash. Fun when nobody's looking to flip the lights off at the range and "light it up"!
revred

Re: 9mm 124gr LRN and BE-86

Post by revred »

I found the same recipe on their site, but wasn't sure of how to adapt it for 124gr, thanks!
I did see where someone said it was a cleaner, faster burning version of Unique. I'll find out soon enough. Just waiting for my wife to tell me she's done changing her mind as to how the shop should be set up. :roll:
weakhand luke wrote:Congratulations on the great find! I could never be so lucky, God only know what I might find if I go digging.

I always like to go to the horse's mouth when I start with a new load. I checked Alliant's site and they do list a BE-86 load in 9mm with a 125gr lead bullet. Consider their data as maximum and start by reducing the load by 10% or so..

I've always wondered if BE-86 is flash suppressed Power Pistol? I like Power Pistol and I like muzzle flash. Fun when nobody's looking to flip the lights off at the range and "light it up"!
"I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free, because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything that I do." Professor Bernardo de La Paz in The Moon is a Harsh Mistress

"What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"
"The same thing we do every night, Pinky. Try to take over the world."