DryFireMag, anyone?

This is where you can talk about all equipment issues; firearms, ammunition, magazines, care & repair, holsters, gun cases, etc.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

DryFireMag, anyone?

Post by Brian D. »

First time I'd heard of this product was yesterday. Anyone here have one? What do you think of it?

http://DryFireMag.com
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: DryFireMag, anyone?

Post by Mr. Glock »

Best way to dryfire without racking the slide each time. I don’t want to ingrain the habit of always racking the slide, so this was a good solution.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks. How long have these been out on the market?

********************************************************************************
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

They seem to be a great product. I don't own one, but have friend in northern ohio who has one and I have used it quite a bit myself.
I looked at getting one at their booth at NRAAM last month, but after dumping a lot of cash on high-end custom hearing aids I held off.

I think it was about 3 years ago when I first saw them.

JLE
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Thanks Joe. Did more research today. The earliest ones seem to break easily, so they must be on version 2.0 or 3.0 now. You know me, I'm usually a "look at one in person" consumer, have yet to eyeball one.

To date they are made for:

1) The 9mm/.40 framed doublestack Glocks
2) The 10mm/.45 ACP doublestack Glocks.
3) The Smith and Wesson M&P doublestacks.
4) The Springfield Armory XD 9/.40 doublestacks.

I'm tired of typing "doublestacks" now, by the way. Much easier than listing all the models individually. :mrgreen:

calvin56

Post by calvin56 »

Really, what's wrong with just spending the 5 minutes it would take to modify the follower so it couldn't trip the hold-open?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

This gadget lets you dry fire repeatedly without having to rack the slide for a trigger reset each time. Some say the latter ingrains a bad habit.

Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

calvin56 wrote:Really, what's wrong with just spending the 5 minutes it would take to modify the follower so it couldn't trip the hold-open?
Because that is not how they work. You insert the mag, pull the trigger once (higher lbs pull) and
then the mag serves as both the trigger pull resistance and the reset. You can dryfire forevermore without resetting the gun. Just like if you had one of those unlimited rounds movie guns (like Aaaarolllld). Except it is dryfire with no
ammo.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Take a look at their link I posted to for a better understanding of this gizmo, folks.

heathen

Post by heathen »

I wish they had one to fit a S&W Shield. Looks like a good product.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Last week, spoke to the one local guy I know who has one of these, for his Glock 17/19. He's used it a bunch and had no issues. Run into him at lunch every month or so, I need to ask him to bring the gizmo along before the next lunch comes up.

JohnV

Post by JohnV »

I have been using the TTRIGGER DryFireMag for the past two months and I have found it to be a good product. 8)

https://ttrigger.com/
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

JohnV wrote: Sat Apr 01, 2023 6:34 am I have been using the TTRIGGER DryFireMag for the past two months and I have found it to be a good product. 8)

https://ttrigger.com/
Welcome to the forum John V! Do you have any financial ties to the product you like?