UPS or FedEx for ammo shipping

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

dsk
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

UPS or FedEx for ammo shipping

Post by dsk »

I recall one carrier is ok to deal with shipping ammo and the other is not. Am I remembering that right? But which one?
Pay your dues.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: UPS or FedEx for ammo shipping

Post by JustaShooter »

Not sure about UPS or FedEx, I always used the US Postal Service for shipping ammo. You just have to mark the package correctly and it's no big deal.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
ArmedAviator

Post by ArmedAviator »

I've had both deliver me bulk ammo. Again, just has to be marked appropriately and shipped ground-only.
Good luck and stand fast, true Patriots.
TDwin
glocksmith

Post by glocksmith »

I shipped some ammo via UPS recently. It is really no different than an ordinary package...with the exception of requiring the blue "ORM_D" label affixed to the package and you must ship it through a main hub...you cannot ship ammo via Mailboxes etc. or any the smaller UPS stations.

Info here: https://www.ups.com/content/us/en/resou ... ition.html
Give em' Hell Pike!!!
Double3

Post by Double3 »

JustaShooter wrote:Not sure about UPS or FedEx, I always used the US Postal Service for shipping ammo. You just have to mark the package correctly and it's no big deal.
It is not legal to ship ammo USPS.

I'd probably stop doing that.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Double3 wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:Not sure about UPS or FedEx, I always used the US Postal Service for shipping ammo. You just have to mark the package correctly and it's no big deal.

Not questioning your statement but can you provide a link to proof of your statement? It would probably help.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

Ammunition is a prohibited item for shipping via USPS.

https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm
Double3

Post by Double3 »

TJW815 wrote:Ammunition is a prohibited item for shipping via USPS.

https://www.usps.com/ship/shipping-restrictions.htm
Thanks
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

ArmedAviator wrote:I've had both deliver me bulk ammo. Again, just has to be marked appropriately and shipped ground-only.
I have also not originated shipment, but as with ArmedAviator, I've had bulk purchases delivered to me, by both.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
curmudgeon3

Post by curmudgeon3 »

Same here.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Double3 wrote:

Having only done so once or twice a long time ago, apparently I am remembering incorrectly because as you linked elsewhere it is prohibited, and I *always* follow shipping regulations to the letter.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
TJW815

Post by TJW815 »

JustaShooter wrote:
Double3 wrote:

Having only done so once or twice a long time ago, apparently I am remembering incorrectly because as you linked elsewhere it is prohibited, and I *always* follow shipping regulations to the letter.
It is however illegal to ship a firearm without declaring it as such.
dsk
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by dsk »

Thanks for the replies everyone.
Pay your dues.
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by kcclark »

I've heard and read that UPS has notified some gun dealers that UPS will no longer ship their packages. Some of that info then disappeared. Makes me wonder whether someone at UPS made a mistake that is getting fixed. Problem supposedly stems from New York threatening to sue anybody tied to "ghost guns" coming into NY.
United Parcel Service allegedly terminated accounts of gun dealers across the country. Any packages currently in the UPS system may be “seized and destroyed.”
http://www.thegunmag.com/breaking-ups-c ... n-transit/

https://youtu.be/m8VWPzgWsus
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

kcclark wrote:I've heard and read that UPS has notified some gun dealers that UPS will no longer ship their packages. Some of that info then disappeared. Makes me wonder whether someone at UPS made a mistake that is getting fixed. Problem supposedly stems from New York threatening to sue anybody tied to "ghost guns" coming into NY.
United Parcel Service allegedly terminated accounts of gun dealers across the country. Any packages currently in the UPS system may be “seized and destroyed.”
http://www.thegunmag.com/breaking-ups-c ... n-transit/

https://youtu.be/m8VWPzgWsus

I've been looking for confirmation on this as well. When they state UPS is refusing to deliver shipments and destroying packages that just doesn't sound right. Return to sender, or refuse to ship I could believe. But how could a private company destroy the property of someone else and get away with it without a huge backlash. Having a hard time passing the sniff test on the original report to me.

Please do post if you find any further information on this UPS situation. they were really the only shipper I liked, as FedEX always has issues delivering to me.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson