It's 2016. Why does ANYONE use Tobacco?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JU-87
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: It's 2016. Why does ANYONE use Tobacco?

Post by JU-87 »

glocksmith wrote: Alcohol will kill you...or because you drank heavily for so long you got cancer or cirrhosis...but people still drink...yours truly included. Sunshine will kill you via metastasized melanoma....but everyone's not staying indoors. Fatty foods will kill you...and fast food joints are as busy and as profitable as ever... This is why I envy my Grandparents generation...they didn't worry about all these silly things...they lived their lives...they ate lard sandwiches, smoked heavily drank etc. etc. without worrying about the consequences...and they lived into their 90's and 100's... As I like to say, "everyone's got to die from something", so pick your poison and enjoy life.

Alcohol, Red Wine specifically, in moderation, has several health benefits.
Sunshine helps our body's make vitamin D.
Fast food will kill you, but in moderation, is probably harmless.

Tobacco is not like ANY other legal product for sale: all use is harmful to your health. It CAUSES Lung
Mouth and throat cancer, Pancreas cancer, Stomach/intestinal cancer, Kidney cancer,Bladder cancer,Cervical cancer, and emphysema.

If you use Tobacco: it harms your health, or just kills you. :shock:

Yet some still buy it and use it. There answers to this thread say a lot about them.
"A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun... Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks." Thomas Jefferson, 1785.

Read "War is a Racket" by MG Smedly Butler,USMC. He was awarded the Medal of Honor twice. http://warisaracket.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Henry Kissinger said, "Military Men are just dumb, stupid animals to be used as pawns in Foreign Policy" and has not denied this quote to this day.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

JU-87 wrote: Fast food will kill you, but in moderation, is probably harmless.
Well, then this movie (the counterto "Super-Size Me") will blow your mind...
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
marrychris9104

Post by marrychris9104 »

Neither of my parents smoked; I started at about 14yo and worked up to a pack and a half a day until quitting about 13 years ago.