Bikers Chase Down And Beat Up SUV Driver

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Naticarry

Re: Bikers Chase Down And Beat Up SUV Driver

Post by Naticarry »

I agree the vehicle is the best weapon. At the point he was cornered and they started successfully dragging him out of the car I would say better than even odds if he shot the first guy with a sidearm the rest would scatter.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

One biker charged so far........

...Can anyone tell me what kind of bike club this is and what Race makes up their majority ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

tbrew85 wrote:
Tweed Ring wrote:Police block intersections for funeral processions and for other reasons. If it isn't done by sworn officers, it's not legal. And, I rode a couple of Beemers for a couple of decades.
True. And they FREQUENTLY block intersections for large charity rides. Ive been on too many to count that had police blockers. I guess they are doing that to disrespect non two wheel enthusiasts. :roll:

Yep, its illegal for non officers to do it. So is speeding or failing to wear a seatbelt.

As far as the thugs in NY...I think I read something along the lines of the only reason the driver left the highway was because his tires had been slashed and it was getting close to undrivable. Im assuming he had run flats for him to go as far as he did.
Simply put, we can agree to disagree. Of course, there is no way I can know what rules and procedures the police follow in your political subdivision. However, in my political subdivision, I know of no rule nor any custom, followed by various policing agencies, which calls for the officer/officers to close intersections nor streets to disaccomodate persons who travel on more than 2 or 3 wheels.

We do agree that non-sworn individuals blocking intersections is illegal. We do agree that speeding, and failing to wear one's seat belt is also illegal.

Full disclosure: periodically, I do speed, conditions permitting. I always wear my seat belt. However, riding either of my Beemers (900 R, 100 RT), solo or in a group, I was never so impertinent, so arrogant, nor so discourteous, as to block an intersection.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

carmen fovozzo wrote:what Race makes up their majority ?
Why does that matter?
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

The driver was Asian....I'm curious....Now if he was black, I'd really be curious.....
Tweed Ring

Post by Tweed Ring »

carmen fovozzo wrote:One biker charged so far........

...Can anyone tell me what kind of bike club this is and what Race makes up their majority ?

From what I have read in the New York City on-line newspapers, the members could be Hispanic.

One of the largest Hispanic motorcycle enthusiast club in the NYC area was/is the Ching-a-Lings. Back in the day, they used to ride though Central Ohio on their way to and from the Easy Rider gathering in Chillicothe, Ohio. Friend of mine had an encounter with them north of Delaware.
Sky Pilot

Post by Sky Pilot »

Another addition to the training file.
We will use this to discuss tactics and weapon selection.
Center Township Combat Pistol League
TARDIS driver, NRA Endowment!
"I bark at no man's bid. I will never come and go, and fetch and carry, at the whistle of the great man in the White House no matter who he is." -- David Crockett
catfish86
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by catfish86 »

Not sure that race matters. The name "Hollywood Stunts" keeps popping up. Not sure if they think they are the Harlem Globetrotters (who by the way were actually from Chicago) of motorcycles or if it refers to an event. In any event, the NYPD was actually out in force to control these freaks because they knew it was being attempted. Not real impressed. What if this were an Al Qaeda group? All the cops were probably in buildings frisking innocent people.
God,
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can
and the Wisdom to know the difference.

Carrying a gun is a right, not a crime.

Gun control is racist.
muxtech

Post by muxtech »

The motorcycle gang were black men. The fact that members of 6% of the population commit such a disproportionate amount of violent crime matters to people like me who want to understand the nature of crime. If the truth makes some people uncomfortable, do not seek it.
The British are going! The British are going!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

What does race have to do with it some ask ?

Have you seen it on the news ? No....

If it was a W bike gang it would be all over the news about it.....
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

This is getting as bad as MSM with regard to incorrect statements and assumptions being made.

"Hollywood Stuntz" is an EVENT, not a gang. This was not a "black biker gang". This was a multi racial gathering of sportbikers from a wide area, that turned into a pack/mob mentality situation.

This was no more a "biker gang" than what we see all summer long when mostly white, mostly Harley Davidson riders gather for some charity/memorial ride somewhere. The only difference is age and maturity levels. Those charity rides are USUALLY very well organized and safe. These sportbike events are OFTEN chaotic and dangerous.

In this case, I believe the sportbikers to be 100% at fault for the entire series of events being discussed here, but to imply that race had anything to do with it is ludicrous.

For the record, Im an old (51) White, Harley Davidson rider.
Proud father of a US Army Soldier

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Mux.....you need to post the article on what that police dept. described the bikers as......
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Mux.....you need to post the article on what that police dept. described the bikers as......
Because we, of all people, know that the police ALWAYS get things right... :roll:

(No idea what the police dept described them as)

"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life." - Robert Heinlein
captainstormy

Post by captainstormy »

Not that I think race has anything to do with it. But from the videos I saw it looked like most of the bikers were white guys. Which really I think most bikers are. For every black or Hispanic guy I've seen on a bike I've probably seen 10 white guys on one.
I won't be wronged. I won't be insulted. I won't be laid a-hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them. - John Bernard Books(John Wayne in The Shootist)
tbrew85

Post by tbrew85 »

captainstormy wrote:Not that I think race has anything to do with it. But from the videos I saw it looked like most of the bikers were white guys. Which really I think most bikers are. For every black or Hispanic guy I've seen on a bike I've probably seen 10 white guys on one.
Captain, I think that holds true for "non sportbikes". Sportbikers are much more "diverse". For example. Myrtle Beach has a "Bike Week" every year in May. It is mostly Harleys and other "cruiser" type bikes, and mostly white riders. The week after Myrtle Beach Bike Week, is "Black Bike Week", also in Myrtle Beach. It is almost exclusively Sport Bikes (aka Crotch Rockets).