CHL Renewal Reports

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

rimfireOH
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: CHL Renewal Reports

Post by rimfireOH »

Lake County renewal appointment. Total time spent was 90 minutes (including an extra questionnaire and interview about our original course and instructors). Visit was easy and relatively pleasant. Walked out with our new licenses -- same day. Deputies and staff were efficient, polite and busy. Place was packed with news and renewals.
glove

Post by glove »

Wayne County is Great.
Renewed today. Had a appointment for 11:40AM got there at 11:30 took me right in. The whole deal took about 10 minutes and walked out with my new permit. And on the plus side I am a Veteran so it was free. :D
By the way this was my second renewal.
NRA Life Member
Tonkin Gulf Yacht Club Member 72-75
Sandman

Post by Sandman »

Did my renewal in Geauga County on 3/12, took around 10 minutes, license was in my mailbox on 3/15. :)
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
Bama.45

Post by Bama.45 »

Hard to believe it's been 5 years since I got my Ohio CHL. I went today for my renewal. Was in and out of the Warren county sheriff's office in 15 mins with my new CHL in hand. I got an appt pretty quick too. Got it within a week.
"Lord, make my hand fast and accurate.
Let my aim be true and my hand faster
than those who would seek to destroy me.
Grant me victory over my foes and those who wish to do harm to me and mine.
Let not my last thought be 'If I only had my gun."
And Lord, if today is truly the day you call me home
Let me die in a pile of empty brass."
Amen

U.S. Marines 01-07

~The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.~ Thomas Jefferson
docpadds

Post by docpadds »

Franklin County renewal, in and out in 4 minutes with fresh new license.

Yes I timed it from sitting down to leaving LOL
https://t.me/pump_upp" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
hardtoseeovergut

Post by hardtoseeovergut »

Morrow County- no appointments it's walk in three days a week. I was there first thing this morning, nobody else renewi g etc
2 weeks!!! When u stated Franklin and Delaware we're a matter if minutes they responded "I don't know how they can do it so fast.

If course I was told this AFTER I handed them my $50.

Should've went to Delaware
Westsider

Post by Westsider »

Hamilton County, applied on Friday, permit ready for pick up on Monday.
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

Today I had an appointment at 9 in Ottawa Co. Got there at 8:45...out by 8:55. This is my 3rd renewal, and they all went the same. My original took a week.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
Dave44142

Post by Dave44142 »

Today Friday December 27th had my second renewal out in Portage County Sheriff's Office. Very professional very friendly very efficient had a 9:30 appointment but got there early was on the way home 10 after 9 total time spent about 12 minutes.
God gave us the right to self defense, the second amendment stops the Government from taking it away.
The American Revolution wasn't about tea and taxes — it was about taking guns!
Cynyster

Post by Cynyster »

I attempted to renew my CCW at Erie County Sheriffs Dept in Sandusky.
I had my forms and $50 bank check.

I was told I was allowed a 30 day grace period and they would not be renewing until after that grace period was up.
(Does that seem just "wrong" to anyone else besides me?)

And I would not be allowed to renew without a face-mask.
Life without music is a mistake.
ruger

Post by ruger »

Did you try Lorain county? Wife and I got ours renewed in early April with no trouble. They had reduced hours but were still processing renewals and new licenses.
Sharkins

Post by Sharkins »

it looks like different departments have different situations
b1gbuckdown

Post by b1gbuckdown »

Applied in Warren county on November 17th. 47 days later and still have not heard anything. Starting to get very frustrated!
TSiWRX
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by TSiWRX »

Geauga County.

Scheduled my appointment on 12/17/2020. My expiration was 03/31/2021.

First available appointment was 6/22/2021, which I of-course took, thankful for that grace period. I understood that I could have gone anywhere, but old habits and all.

Geauga's website instructions are easy-to-follow, and I found it to be accurate: https://sheriff.co.geauga.oh.us/Divisio ... plications" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Post 2 is off Kinsman. The designated parking area for "CCW" applicants is just west of the building, gravel lot. There's a small "CCW" sign just off the road that designates the lot and entrance. Heading eastbound, this is actually the first lot you'll come to: Google's street-view shows the Post 2 building and its two gray metal doors with a green dumpster adjacent. The door/window is clearly marked, you won't miss that.

The only slight inconvenience for me was getting that <30-days-old passport photo, but with the abundance of smartphone apps and how commonplace color ink/laser-jet printers have become, it really wasn't all that much of a bother, either. This photo is for your paper application. They'll take a digital photo at the appointment.

My appointment took 15 minutes out of 20 minutes allotted: this was because it took a little extra time for fingerprinting, as the machine kept glitching. :P The gentleman with the appointment slot before mine took only about 10 (I saw him enter and leave, but I wasn't in the building, so I don't know if his was a renewal or new).

This was my second renewal at Geauga (also my original issuance), and it was as seamless and pleasant as the other two times.

My SASE arrived in 4 business-days in my home (Cuyahoga County) mailbox.
Allen - Shaker Heights, Ohio
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Passport photo for a renewal? Thought renewals just needed an application, the fee, and the old CHL as proof of renewal?
TSiWRX wrote:Geauga County.

Scheduled my appointment on 12/17/2020. My expiration was 03/31/2021.

First available appointment was 6/22/2021, which I of-course took, thankful for that grace period. I understood that I could have gone anywhere, but old habits and all.

Geauga's website instructions are easy-to-follow, and I found it to be accurate: https://sheriff.co.geauga.oh.us/Divisio ... plications" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;. Post 2 is off Kinsman. The designated parking area for "CCW" applicants is just west of the building, gravel lot. There's a small "CCW" sign just off the road that designates the lot and entrance. Heading eastbound, this is actually the first lot you'll come to: Google's street-view shows the Post 2 building and its two gray metal doors with a green dumpster adjacent. The door/window is clearly marked, you won't miss that.

The only slight inconvenience for me was getting that <30-days-old passport photo, but with the abundance of smartphone apps and how commonplace color ink/laser-jet printers have become, it really wasn't all that much of a bother, either. This photo is for your paper application. They'll take a digital photo at the appointment.

My appointment took 15 minutes out of 20 minutes allotted: this was because it took a little extra time for fingerprinting, as the machine kept glitching. :P The gentleman with the appointment slot before mine took only about 10 (I saw him enter and leave, but I wasn't in the building, so I don't know if his was a renewal or new).

This was my second renewal at Geauga (also my original issuance), and it was as seamless and pleasant as the other two times.

My SASE arrived in 4 business-days in my home (Cuyahoga County) mailbox.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.