Jet Express and ferry to Put-in Bay

This forum is dedicated to the discussion of organizations that have declared their intent to cater to society's criminal element by prohibiting the legal carry of firearms on their premises. Please submit new CPZs to the DNPWA database on OhioCCW.org

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Grantrus71

Re: Jet Express and ferry to Put-in Bay

Post by Grantrus71 »

What's next? Is the creek my buddy and I step over to get to the area where we target shoot now under TSA/USCG/DHS/ICE/FBI/NTSB/FDA/OSHA authority? Jesus. Do I need "papers" to step over it with my weapon? :evil: Do I have to unload it, lock it up, store it where the sun don't.....I'll stop right there. I'm with that post on page 1...more focus on looking for metal detectors that signs.
"I think they're delusionary. I think they've had something funny for lunch in their meal. I think they should be handcuffed to a chain link fence, flogged and all of their hearsay evidence should be thrown the hell out and if they lie again, I'm gonna go over and kick 'em in the crotch. Thank you very much." -James Traficant
emoffit

Post by emoffit »

Ok, I worked at PIB for 3 months over the winter. We stayed at the edgewater, right next to Mr Ed's. Until the lake froze, we took the Miller Ferry Mondays & Fridays. I carried according to their rule of separate the ammo from the pistol. Never once had a problem.
If you don't stand for something, you will fall for anything.
I belong to the biggest, meanest, baddest, and largest street gang on the planet. REDNECKS...--willbird
triplej

Post by triplej »

Well boys and girls...somone was wondering what happened.

I am back.

From reading the posts it seems it can be construed many ways.

Maybe you cannot.

Maybe you can.

THEY use MARITIME LAWS as a catch all.

I cannot find anything currently from any of the PDs or Chambers of Commerce for Put-In-Bay or Kelleys Island that mentions this topic at all.

So I fired off a query to a Member of Congress from Ohio.

They were asked if, when, and how a legally licensed CHL holder from Ohio or any state can CARRY to and from the Islands in Ohio, and ON the Islands in Ohio.

SInce this member of Congress has been media hyped as having an Ohio CHL this should be interesting.

Happy Fourth!
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

This should be interesting.

Since it's now an act of congress we'll either be explicitly forbidden or permitted to carry on the Lake Erie island ferries.
FireEMSPolice
*** Banned ***

Post by FireEMSPolice »

triplej wrote:Well boys and girls...somone was wondering what happened.

I am back.

From reading the posts it seems it can be construed many ways.

Maybe you cannot.

Maybe you can.

THEY use MARITIME LAWS as a catch all.

I cannot find anything currently from any of the PDs or Chambers of Commerce for Put-In-Bay or Kelleys Island that mentions this topic at all.

So I fired off a query to a Member of Congress from Ohio.

They were asked if, when, and how a legally licensed CHL holder from Ohio or any state can CARRY to and from the Islands in Ohio, and ON the Islands in Ohio.

SInce this member of Congress has been media hyped as having an Ohio CHL this should be interesting.

Happy Fourth!
And that member of congress would be?
triplej

Post by triplej »

Jean Schmidt, Second District, Congress, Ohio
ChrisK

Re: Took the Miller Ferry to PIB today.

Post by ChrisK »

Decided to see what the scoop was. While boarding the ferry I saw no signage at all about concealed weapons. Believe me, I looked everywhere... On the fence, at the gate, going through the small building, on the dock posts, and on the boat itself. There was nothing.

We spent the afternoon riding bikes to the various attractions. When we went to board the ferry back to the mainland there was a huge sign that read "Security advisory: No concealed weapons permitted". It was behind a little check station where a young man with a millers ferry shirt, an asp baton and a pair of handcuffs was lackadasically checking bags. No metal detector.

Just thought I'd let everyone know as I thought it strange there was nothing on the way there but there was on the return. Very odd.

Chris
CableGuy

Post by CableGuy »

Well If you looked to the right along the fence just after you pay there is this one.

The Pic has 2 signs one the lil ng sign andd this bigger sign......But
I couldnt seem to get the second one to post right so its a link.. it's 2 signs ....when i resized it cut out the ng sign
http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/C ... G_3481.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Favorite recent Quote:
"As long as I'm prosecutor, if someone comes into a store with a gun – and I've said it before and I'll say it again – they have forfeited their right not to be shot,"
Hamilton County, Ohio - prosecutor; Joe Deters
CableGuy

Post by CableGuy »

July 16 2010 about 14:00 I took the Ferry across and actually witnessed Baggage being checked-- Kinda random, and seemed the kid was profiling a bunch of college guys a little more than others, some folks were like to busy to be bothered and walked by and ignored his directions to stop for inspections.
Link to my phot bucket, Ok i tried to upload resize and use the img tag but wouldnt show the whole pic....so click and see the 3 shots i took of security dude at Millers Ferry in action.

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/C ... G_3498.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/C ... G_3500.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://i53.photobucket.com/albums/g65/C ... G_3501.jpg" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Favorite recent Quote:
"As long as I'm prosecutor, if someone comes into a store with a gun – and I've said it before and I'll say it again – they have forfeited their right not to be shot,"
Hamilton County, Ohio - prosecutor; Joe Deters
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Is open carry allowed then?

Looks like legal transport other than concealed/loaded is allowed. e.g. unloaded gun separate from ammo.
putinbay

Post by putinbay »

As a resident of Ohio's Put-in-Bay https://www.ohio-put- ... urn false; I can say that in well over 5000 ferry trips on both of the ferry boats I have never seen nor heard of anyone "surrendering" a weapon to the captain or being forbidden to carry one. As anywhere in Ohio, it is not permitted to carry in any of the bars. Living here I have not seen any of the signs posted prohibiting concealed carry anywhere so I do not think anyone is going to have an issue. People living here (many of which have firearms) had to have gotten them here one way or another. I would think that the Put-in-Bay Visitors & Convention Bureau ... urn false;would have information if it was a problem. personally, I would just not make it visible and not worry about it.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

putinbay wrote:As a resident of Ohio's Put-in-Bay https://www.ohio-put- ... urn false; I can say that in well over 5000 ferry trips on both of the ferry boats I have never seen nor heard of anyone "surrendering" a weapon to the captain or being forbidden to carry one. As anywhere in Ohio, it is not permitted to carry in any of the bars. Living here I have not seen any of the signs posted prohibiting concealed carry anywhere so I do not think anyone is going to have an issue. People living here (many of which have firearms) had to have gotten them here one way or another. I would think that the Put-in-Bay Visitors & Convention Bureau ... urn false;would have information if it was a problem. personally, I would just not make it visible and not worry about it.
Are the bars posted or are you just assuming that you cannot carry in bars. There is no Ohio prohibition against carrying in bars, only carrying in bars while consuming alcohol. I haven't been to Put-in-Bay in a number of years, actually since before 2004, but I may be visiting again in the next year or so.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
WestonDon
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WestonDon »

putinbay wrote:As a resident of Ohio's Put-in-Bay https://www.ohio-put- ... urn false; I can say that in well over 5000 ferry trips on both of the ferry boats I have never seen nor heard of anyone "surrendering" a weapon to the captain or being forbidden to carry one. As anywhere in Ohio, it is not permitted to carry in any of the bars. Living here I have not seen any of the signs posted prohibiting concealed carry anywhere so I do not think anyone is going to have an issue. People living here (many of which have firearms) had to have gotten them here one way or another. I would think that the Put-in-Bay Visitors & Convention Bureau ... urn false;would have information if it was a problem. personally, I would just not make it visible and not worry about it.
Welcome to the forums.

My initial reaction to your post was to say "try OCing on the ferries and let us know how it goes". But I'm being nice to newcomers this week so I'll just say that carrying concealed without being noticed is kinda what we do. not being challenged means either nobody is carrying a gun OR those who are are good at concealing. If you haven't seen any signs on businesses including the ferries, please do NOT inquire as to whether carrying firearms is permitted or not.

I would also like to clarify the bar carry situation. The standard state liquor control commission signs that are required to be posted in bars do not apply to concealed handgun licensee's. Carrying a firearm in a bar concealed or open is perfectly legal in Ohio if (1) the person has a valid CHL, (2) the person is not drinking, (3) the bar is not posted.

Again, welcome.
I believe in American exceptianalism
Fear the government that fears your guns
NRA endowment life member
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

Then I assume you carry concealed on the farries, correct ?
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by Javelin Man »

I slip my gun into the glove compartment at least on the ferry. Maybe that's worse because my wife could reach it but that's how I handle things.
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George