Cleveland area Amazon driver shoots and kills armed carjacker

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Cleveland area Amazon driver shoots and kills armed carjacker

Post by M-Quigley »

Notice in the links the title of the stories, and how WHIO uses the word "accused" when describing the Amazon driver. :(

https://www.cleveland19.com/2024/05/04/ ... cleveland/

https://www.wkyc.com/article/news/local ... ad979f06d4

https://www.whio.com/news/local/alleged ... IHLMTPLTM/

The carjacker was able to get into the SUV and attempt to drive away, then wrecked it, causing a lot of damage. It appears to be that it might be a vehicle actually owned by the driver, instead of the larger Amazon delivery vans I occasionally see in my 'hood. Since Amazon will fire drivers who carry, even if they are defending themselves instead of the vehicle, if I worked for them (highly unlikely) I definitely would not use a vehicle that I personally own. Amazon wants me to give up their vehicle, fine. They can even have a (fake) wallet and a cellphone (one of the 2 or 3g ones with no service that are now worthless)
kcclark
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Cleveland area Amazon driver shoots and kills armed carjacker

Post by kcclark »

Amazon Flex people use their own vehicles. The Amazon vans you see delivering packages are leased. The driver may be the one leasing it or someone leases a number of them and employs the people driving them. Amazon does micromanage via an app the driver carries. Amazon insists you deliver X packages in Y minutes. If you figure out how to deliver X packages in less than Y minutes consistently, Amazon will start requiring you to deliver X+Z packages in Y minutes. City drivers do well. Country drivers are not fans of the system.
pk47
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by pk47 »

Some people wonder why I generally stay south of 480 ... certain levels of risk drop considerably south of that line.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

I didn't know Amazon delivered bullets.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB