Guns Save Womens’ Lives

This is a forum for OFCC's ladies to chat about their unique challenges when it comes to carry, or any other subject.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

RebelGal

Guns Save Womens’ Lives

Post by RebelGal »

An interesting, positive article...
https://www.concealedcarry.com/justifie ... -and-over/
SIG P229 SAS Gen 2, Glock 19 Gen 4, SIG P365
Member NRA, USCCA

Sic semper tyrannis
Dyono

Re: Guns Save Womens’ Lives

Post by Dyono »

I apologize for posting in an old thread, but I have to say this. The other day my girlfriend was accosted in a parking lot by an obscure dude who, after a brief pointless conversation, started threatening her with a knife. If it wasn't for the gun she had, it could have ended sadly. So yes, a gun can obviously save a life!
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Dyono wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:48 am I apologize for posting in an old thread, but I have to say this. The other day my girlfriend was accosted in a parking lot by an obscure dude who, after a brief pointless conversation, started threatening her with a knife. If it wasn't for the gun she had, it could have ended sadly. So yes, a gun can obviously save a life!
So what happened after she pulled the handgun, if you can say that is?
Dyono

Post by Dyono »

M-Quigley wrote: Sat May 04, 2024 9:25 am
Dyono wrote: Fri May 03, 2024 3:48 am I apologize for posting in an old thread, but I have to say this. The other day my girlfriend was accosted in a parking lot by an obscure dude who, after a brief pointless conversation, started threatening her with a knife. If it wasn't for the gun she had, it could have ended sadly. So yes, a gun can obviously save a life!
So what happened after she pulled the handgun, if you can say that is?
She fired a shot in the air and he ran away
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Hello Dyono. Your honest response is appreciated, but even though this board is nearly deserted, people are going to chime in by mentioning how bad an idea it is, in almost any situation, to fire a warning shot.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Dyono

Post by Dyono »

Hello, Brian. In this case it was a necessity. Honestly, I don't even know what I'd do if I were her.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Just keep in mind that we are responsible for where our bullets end up, no matter what direction they're fired.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Dyono

Post by Dyono »

Brian D. wrote: Thu May 09, 2024 6:50 pm Just keep in mind that we are responsible for where our bullets end up, no matter what direction they're fired.
That's right.