Anniversary of the "shot heard round the world"

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

Anniversary of the "shot heard round the world"

Post by M-Quigley »

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shot_hear ... _the_world

April 19th the day the first shots of the American revolution occurred. Ironically it was over the British trying to enforce gun confiscation (and gunpowder confiscation)

I wonder if schools even teach this anymore. They certainly wouldn't show this schoolhouse rock video, because it has cartoon guns and portrayed in a good light, and also the word God in it (as in God bless America) :(

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6ikO6LMxF4
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Re: Anniversary of the "shot heard round the world"

Post by bignflnut »

Also Waco Fires and official lies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7d6ZqVgR74
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

One of my favorite holidays
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

M-Quigley wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:11 pm

I wonder if schools even teach this anymore. They certainly wouldn't show this schoolhouse rock video, because it has cartoon guns and portrayed in a good light, and also the word God in it (as in God bless America) :(
I saw a meme recently that said
If you trust the government, your history teacher didn't do his job.
Clearly, with 78+% of US adults taking at least one dose of the gene juice, this is no longer taught.
So far (Oct 2022), 263 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine—78.6% of the population.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

bignflnut wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 9:04 am
M-Quigley wrote: Wed Apr 19, 2023 2:11 pm

I saw a meme recently that said
If you trust the government, your history teacher didn't do his job.
Clearly, with 78+% of US adults taking at least one dose of the gene juice, this is no longer taught.
So far (Oct 2022), 263 million Americans have received at least one dose of a vaccine—78.6% of the population.
21.4%er here.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
Bearable

Post by Bearable »

pirateguy191 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:37 am 21.4%er here.
You mean that you, like me, did not participate in taking an experimental Jonestown concoction labeled as a vaccine.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Bearable wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:51 am
pirateguy191 wrote: Thu Apr 20, 2023 10:37 am 21.4%er here.
You mean that you, like me, did not participate in taking an experimental Jonestown concoction labeled as a vaccine.
True story.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Back on topic please, folks.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!