How many carry more than one gun

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

tracker1

How many carry more than one gun

Post by tracker1 »

I was wondering how many carry more than one gun? Being older I’m not as strong as I use to be, if someone grabs my gun I want options so I often carry a second gun I can also get to with my non dominant hand.
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
welshj

Re: How many carry more than one gun

Post by welshj »

Edc i carry my one.
When i travel any distances i usually am with my wife, and will carry her pistol as well for backup... and to have it at our destination as she is not a chl holder.
Six months in Bosnian conflict in '98.
Two tours in Iraq '03-'04 & '05-'06
Currently deploying daily to toledo, oh! :)
502ci
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by 502ci »

At times many years ago I carried more than one...nowadays just one.
When I travel on a trip I will have one on me and another one that could be easily grabbed while driving.
Nothing to see here...move along.
Jim-in-Toledo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Jim-in-Toledo »

I only carry one, and it is usually located on my belt in a position where I can draw with either hand.
"An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life."
Robert Heinlein, Beyond This Horizon
I am the expert on my opinion.
And no one else's.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

I have upon occasion carried a BUG, either in an ankle holster or more often in winter in a coat pocket. It's not a regular thing by any means, just at times when easier access was warranted or the like.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Normally, I carry only one, but, when traveling, I will often carry a BUG and will usually have one or two spares locked away.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

I used to carry a backup gun back in the day when I was on duty and in uniform, (and open carrying a 4" revolver) but I don't anymore on a regular basis. At one point during the winter I carried a BUG in the opposite pocket of my winter coat, to balance out the weight a little bit. This was shortly after I got my snubnose revolver back from the woman I sold it too. (she still carries but has upgraded her protection and I asked her when I sold it to her to let me have first dibs on buying it should she want to sell it.) Before that I didn't have a small BUG type handgun. Now I put other things in the opposite pocket to balance out the weight, spare magazine and non firearm related items, like a tactical light and pepper spray. It's easier and faster for me to get to my CC gun and the spare magazine instead of IWB when my coat is zipped up. I'm old and disabled and now sensitive to the cold so I usually have a zip up sweater under my coat also, which would also slow things down. The winter coat has horizontal pockets instead of slanted ones, so all I have to do reach straight down and pull straight up. I've practiced with it and can draw my cc gun about as fast as open carry. So the snubnose BUG is a safe queen and doesn't get shot much.

One of my relatives suggested I should sell it since I'm not using it but I don't need the money that bad now, and this gun has
provenance since she used it stop an attempted rape. :) Plus, if I decide to start carrying it again as a BUG I can. Nice to have choices.
Chuck
OFCC Director
OFCC Director

Post by Chuck »

it is nice to have choices
Ain't activism fun?

"Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company. " - George Washington

"I am only one, but I am one. I cannot do everything, but I can do something.
And because I can not do everything, I will not refuse to do the something I can do.
What I can do, I should do. And what I should do, by the grace of GOD, I will do."
- Edward Everett Hale (descendant of Nathan Hale)
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Occasionally I'll carry a second gun. Things that factor into the decision include
1) Familiarity (or lack of) with where I'm heading.
2) Current political "climate" of the area.

Like some of you, I've taken defensive training at a few different places. Fresh out of a class, most of us think

"Man, from now on I'm always gonna carry a

second gun

TQ & first aid gear

pepper spray

fixed blade AND folding knives

another flashlight

baton"

Psst...Um, gang, most of our instructors rarely if ever kit themselves out that completely. But you didn't hear that from me, okay?
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
3FULLMAGS+1
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by 3FULLMAGS+1 »

I will carry two now and then, usually in the same cal. I have multiple 9mm's and .45's, so I have choices, needless to say.......even a small 380 for pocket carry. But normally it's just one gun w/ an extra mag or two, along with all the other stuff I have on me.
Darrel
They say the best "Home Remedy" for "tyranny" is....."LEAD POISONING".
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

3FULLMAGS+1 wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:10 am I will carry two now and then, usually in the same cal. I have multiple 9mm's and .45's, so I have choices, needless to say.......even a small 380 for pocket carry. But normally it's just one gun w/ an extra mag or two, along with all the other stuff I have on me.
Often, when I travel, I will take along a 90 year old Astra 200 .25 in a pocket holster in my back pocket, under a handkerchief to prevent printing, but it is never my primary and often not my secondary. The other day, when I went to renew my CHL, I did something unusual in leaving my primary at home along with my flip knife and just sticking a PPK in the media compartment of the Jeep which is quickly accessible to the driver. I was just driving to the sheriff's office and back and figured that would cover things and I wouldn't have to mess with guns and knives in the sheriffs parking lot.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Nope, my 22LR NAA is all the gun I am ever going to need!
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
Glock Rock

Post by Glock Rock »

Nah just one gun on person. If I need a backup welp then maybe it's just my time.

There's always one the car.
tracker1

Post by tracker1 »

JustaShooter wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 11:22 pm I have upon occasion carried a BUG, either in an ankle holster or more often in winter in a coat pocket. It's not a regular thing by any means, just at times when easier access was warranted or the like.
The coat pocket carry is great in the winter, especially when your main gun is under a lot of heavy clothing.
Member - Armed Citizens Legal Defense Network
Bigger Bullets Leave Bigger Marks
Bearable

Post by Bearable »

Had both wrists operated on for Carpal tunnel syndrome. It took at least 2 months before I could have pulled a trigger. And it took 2 more months before feeling comfortable in pulling the trigger. Not being able to open the peanut butter jar was torture.

Age, COPD and wearing suspenders has me carrying an LCP 99% of the time. In winter I can carry my shield in a coat pocket, but I'm carful about where I go anymore.