Happy Trails

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Happy Trails

Post by JustaShooter »

Brian D. wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:When you can't even get people to volunteer for a shift at a table at a gun show and get free admittance and parking, it's pretty telling.
You obviously volunteered for that duty way more times than I did, but it seemed like after the first couple years, most people attending the shows stopped interacting with us.
I can only speak to the NE Ohio shows, specifically Medina, Stark and Summit, but we had decent engagement as long as the show itself had good traffic - and, if there was anything going on related to pro- or anti-gun stuff in the works we had tremendous interactions. Donations, not so much but we weren't really pushing for them. Handed out a ton of brochures, wallet cards and reciprocity maps though!
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
weakhand luke

Post by weakhand luke »

After about a week and a half, there have been 28 posts to the original topic, re. our demise. The postings were from 18 different members. Of those 18, only 5 are July 4, 2005 alumni.

Sorta explains our predicament, I think.

Bearable

Post by Bearable »

weakhand luke wrote:After about a week and a half, there have been 28 posts to the original topic, re. our demise. The postings were from 18 different members. Of those 18, only 5 are July 4, 2005 alumni.

I joined in November 2007 and then was banned by a moderator who got her panties is a knot because she could not handle the truth. Other than myself, there is no one on this forum that really has a good grasp of Ohio law, except for JustaShooter and schmieg. And Werz is no longer around.

I'm sure Jim Garvas will accept a large contribution from you to keep this forum alive and well.
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

Bearable wrote:
weakhand luke wrote:After about a week and a half, there have been 28 posts to the original topic, re. our demise. The postings were from 18 different members. Of those 18, only 5 are July 4, 2005 alumni.

I joined in November 2007 and then was banned by a moderator who got her panties is a knot because she could not handle the truth. Other than myself, there is no one on this forum that really has a good grasp of Ohio law, except for JustaShooter and schmieg. And Werz is no longer around.

I'm sure Jim Garvas will accept a large contribution from you to keep this forum alive and well.
Thank you for the compliment, but I have now been retired for 16 years and my grasp of the law is getting more tenuous by the day.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Bearable wrote: I joined in November 2007 and then was banned by a moderator who got her panties is a knot because she could not handle the truth. Other than myself, there is no one on this forum that really has a good grasp of Ohio law, except for JustaShooter and schmieg. And Werz is no longer around.

Quick correction: That would be JEFF Garvas, OFCC'S first and only President. Hard to fault your mistake, because he has not spent much time here in years. Since being elected to the Macedonia Ohio city council, it seems to me he's distanced himself from gun rights advocacy.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Bearable

Post by Bearable »

Brian D. wrote: Quick correction: That would be JEFF Garvas, OFCC'S first and only President. Hard to fault your mistake, because he has not spent much time here in years. Since being elected to the Macedonia Ohio city council, it seems to me he's distanced himself from gun rights advocacy.
Vice President of Council no less. I'm sure open carry at council meetings is welcomed with open arms.
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

The forums were the social fabric that held the rest of it together.

When over-moderation killed the forums, everything else died with it.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

EricTheBald wrote:The forums were the social fabric that held the rest of it together.

When over-moderation killed the forums, everything else died with it.
Not sure what you are referring to, but in the 10 years I've been a member and active on the forums they haven't been over-moderated. The org and forums were very active back then, although you can look back now and see a slow decline even then that only really accelerated over the past 5 years.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
BB62

Post by BB62 »

Bearable wrote:... And Werz is no longer around. ...
Any idea what became of Werz?
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

BB62 wrote:Any idea what became of Werz?
His posts used to show up iny Facebook feed, but you know how confounding their Al Gore rhythms can be. When it's someone I rarely see in person, it's easy to lose track of them.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

Brian D. wrote:
His posts used to show up iny Facebook feed, but you know how confounding their Al Gore rhythms can be. When it's someone I rarely see in person, it's easy to lose track of them.
He's still around on Facebook. I just don't think he's all that active.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
BB62

Post by BB62 »

pirateguy191 wrote:
Brian D. wrote:
He's still around on Facebook. I just don't think he's all that active.
Thank you to both of you.

I'm glad to hear that at least he's still upright!
Yes, I do believe in open carry. An openly armed man is clear in his intentions. Concealed carriers are sneaks and skulkers and elitist, boot licking, political contribution making, running dog lackies of The Man. <wink> (thx grumpycoconut - OpenCarry.org)

Got Freedom?

Accountant, Computer & Management Consultant
Scuba Diver, NRA Life Member, NRA Instructor
synack2

Post by synack2 »

Great. Now where am I going to sell all those handguns that seemed like a good purchase at the time...
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

synack2 wrote:Great. Now where am I going to sell all those handguns that seemed like a good purchase at the time...
What are you talking about? Is the trading post going away? It was still working as of Feb 15th.

If it is going away I guess you hurry and sell them ASAP (maybe to me at a discount price :lol: )