Lake County Sherrif's Office

If you have questions or know the answers to questions about the application and renewal process this forum is for you. Post your experiences or ask your new applicant questions here.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

BillytheKidder

Lake County Sherrif's Office

Post by BillytheKidder »

Yesterday afternoon, I realized I would be in Florida for the winter when my CHL expired. I went to the Lake County Sherrif's web site and was able to get an appointment for 7:40 this AM. I walked in at about 7:35 and was out the door at 7:45. No cost because of prior military service. The Lake County Sherrif's Office seems to be efficient, speedy, and professional, yet friendly. I live in a western suburb of Cleveland, it's worth the drive.
Proudly causing more problems than I solve, since 1950.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Lake County Sherrif's Office

Post by JustaShooter »

Lake has always had a top-notch CHL office and staff. Glad you remembered in time and got that taken care of.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

I think while we’re there, I will get my non-resident Florida license, I took their class this last spring.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

Is there a particular reason you want a FL license? It doesn't add any reciprocal states anymore, so there aren't many reasons to go through the effort and expense.
NRA Life Member

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
Mr. Glock
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Mr. Glock »

Geauga is (and has always been from the early days) top-notch too.
OFCC Patron, GOA, SAF, YouTube 2A Patreon, NRA Benefactor Life & Hot Stove League Member
BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

JustaShooter wrote:Is there a particular reason you want a FL license? It doesn't add any reciprocal states anymore, so there aren't many reasons to go through the effort and expense.
There may come a time in the not-to-distant future when I may use Florida as my state of legal residence. I might as well be prepared. The expense is minimal. I’ve already taken their class and been printed, just for the heck of it, because my neighbor in Florida was taking it.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

BillytheKidder wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:Is there a particular reason you want a FL license? It doesn't add any reciprocal states anymore, so there aren't many reasons to go through the effort and expense.
There may come a time in the not-to-distant future when I may use Florida as my state of legal residence. I might as well be prepared.
That is indeed one of the few reasons I could think of for an Ohioan to acquire a FL license these days. Carry on!
NRA Life Member

BillytheKidder

Post by BillytheKidder »

BillytheKidder wrote:
There may come a time in the not-to-distant future when I may use Florida as my state of legal residence. I might as well be prepared. The expense is minimal. I’ve already taken their class and been printed, just for the heck of it, because my neighbor in Florida was taking it.
For the record, I meant to type "not-too-distant." :)