former cop convicted in shooting home owner

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

M-Quigley

former cop convicted in shooting home owner

Post by M-Quigley »

I saw the body cam on the news, he shouts an order then immediately fires. It didn't seem humanely possible to drop or put down a gun in the length of time prior to the shooting. It was so quick after the verbal warning I doubt gravity could've caused the gun to hit the ground even if her hand had instantly released it, it was that quick.

I found this particular story ironic because in the 80's the exact same situation almost happened to me. I was at a public housing complex, report given to me of a possible burglar in the complex and one of the apartments had an open door, which was unusual. There was a woman inside with a gun, and a child inside. The reason she had the door open was allegedly the same reason the deceased in this news story had her door open, a small kitchen fire earlier. I identified myself and told her to put down the gun, and she did. While I was prepared for the possibility that she might try to shoot at me, there was no shooting. 

https://apnews.com/article/texas-b9b084 ... 46da4de202" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Javelin Man
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Re: former cop convicted in shooting home owner

Post by Javelin Man »

Sounds like the Walmart shooting a couple years back...
Famous last words: "I just drank What?!-Socrates

bruh bruh is slang for "complete and total moron" -sodbuster95

The following is a list of children's books that didn't quite make it to the printing press...
1. What Is That Dog Doing to That Other Dog?
2. Daddy Drinks Because You Cry
3. You Were An Accident
4. Bi-Curious George