CANCELLED AS OF 8/8: PITP 2022 Sunday, August 14th.

Want to talk about IDPA, IPSC, or other competition events you are involved in
or are interested in participating in? Want to know if anyone is going to a local gun show? Wondering when the next OFCC event is? All that and more is in this section!

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: PITP 2022 Sunday, August 14th.

Post by carmen fovozzo »

pirateguy191 wrote:
carmen fovozzo wrote:I also have 2 high compression chrome plated dip sticks.
One is named Steve?
Is he going ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

carmen fovozzo wrote:I'll bring a new handgun for door prize.

Changed my mind. I'm bringing a brand new Remington 870 instead of handgun for a door price.
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
burgman2170

Post by burgman2170 »

Okay I'm having issues today to register my nephews for the Party in the Park. We have attended for two years then covid hit but this year we are on to ride up from Cincinnati on our bikes. I tried to get on the link today on my email put all my credit card info in for myself clicked next then got a message unsecured site and that is as far as I did get. Not sure if my credit card info got in the site or not. i wasn't logged in when I put all my info in.

I kind of hate to do this again I can send check a check for all three of us with their information as well as far as names, address, one has an email one does not ages etc. I see it the event was on then it wasn't now it is.

Let me know what I need to do here much appreciated.

Les
burgman2170

Post by burgman2170 »

Dismiss the last email! Jeff took care of my question we are just going to pay when we ride up that day. Looking forward to this event love the speakers very informative.

Les
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

I am still ready to pick up the beverages, ice, coolers, etc; and deliver them to the picnic.

I WILL however, need to be given instructions on where to go, who to see, etc.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

*Ahem*

"Is there anybody OUT there...? Is there any-one home?"
-

-
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

EricTheBald wrote:.

*Ahem*

This is nothing official but, I feel ya so will pass along how things have worked in the past. People typically show up at the park and start set up about 10am. The entrance on Home Road is the north boundary of Liberty Park. Come in that way and the three pavilions on the right will be the first parking lot. That's where we've always been in the past. Registration is the closest pavilion, next is where the speakers and door prizes happen. The far pavilion is where the food and beverages go. Drive back there to drop off stuff.

If any of this is not accurate, hopefully THAT will draw a response from our leadership.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
pirateguy191

Post by pirateguy191 »

EricTheBald wrote:.

*Ahem*

Help should be along soon.
"In this present crisis, government is not the solution to our problem; government is the problem." - Ronald Reagan

"When democracy turns to tyranny, the armed citizen still gets to vote." ~ Mike Vanderboegh

NRA member, NRA basic pistol instructor, DBACB
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

Brian D. wrote: The far pavilion is where the food and beverages go. Drive back there to drop off stuff.

Yeah, been to a few of these, but thanks for the info.
The issue isn't so much where I drop off, it's where I pick up.
-

-
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

EricTheBald wrote:
Brian D. wrote: The far pavilion is where the food and beverages go. Drive back there to drop off stuff.

Yeah, been to a few of these, but thanks for the info.
The issue isn't so much where I drop off, it's where I pick up.
I can't speak for how things are being done now, but when I was handling it, I had to figure out how much pop, water and ice we needed and then go to Sam's or wherever to buy it. Jeff would then cut a check to reimburse me.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

schmieg wrote: I can't speak for how things are being done now, but when I was handling it, I had to figure out how much pop, water and ice we needed and then go to Sam's or wherever to buy it. Jeff would then cut a check to reimburse me.
You know, I'd be fine with that.
I'm just not fine with doing it on spec.

Honestly, I'm not complaining. I'm happy to help.

BUT...
I do need to know how much to get of each type of beverage, where to pick up the coolers we use for the day, how much ice to get, etc.
Also, if I'm going to Sam's Club or Costco, I'll need a co-pilot with a membership card.

So, just the purely practical considerations. And I'll need to know this stuff before I go to bed next Friday night, because I'm going to want to get everything on Saturday morning. Well, I can get the ice on Sunday morning.

Come to think of it, I also need a volunteer to go over to my storage locker with me and help me shift my Washer/Dryer out of the utility trailer I reckon I'll need based on my guesstimate of the amount of space everything will take up.
-

-
schmieg
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by schmieg »

EricTheBald wrote:
schmieg wrote: I can't speak for how things are being done now, but when I was handling it, I had to figure out how much pop, water and ice we needed and then go to Sam's or wherever to buy it. Jeff would then cut a check to reimburse me.
You know, I'd be fine with that.
I'm just not fine with doing it on spec.

Honestly, I'm not complaining. I'm happy to help.

BUT...
I do need to know how much to get of each type of beverage, where to pick up the coolers we use for the day, how much ice to get, etc.
Also, if I'm going to Sam's Club or Costco, I'll need a co-pilot with a membership card.

So, just the purely practical considerations. And I'll need to know this stuff before I go to bed next Friday night, because I'm going to want to get everything on Saturday morning. Well, I can get the ice on Sunday morning.

Come to think of it, I also need a volunteer to go over to my storage locker with me and help me shift my Washer/Dryer out of the utility trailer I reckon I'll need based on my guesstimate of the amount of space everything will take up.
Depends on what you will be carrying. Someone should give you a registration estimate so the amount of drinks can be calculated. I think that I used to figure two soft drinks per person and two or three waters each. I was able to fit everything in the back of my Grand Cherokee or the Tahoe along with several coolers. But someone needs to give you the estimated crowd size, though they might not have that number until a couple of days before the picnic.

I won't be able to make this one as I committed to something else after they initially cancelled it.
-- Mike

"The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

Thank you.
-

-
burgman2170

Post by burgman2170 »

If you need help bodies, to clean up, or anything my nephews and I are willing to help out all day when we arrive. If it rains and we drive I will bring a case of ice mountain water.

Les
Tourist
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Tourist »

I will be there with my camera as usual. I look forward to seeing everyone.