Range near middletown Ohio

This section is dedicated to all issues relating to training and tactics. Commercial advertisements and solicitation for your own classes are not
permitted.

Moderators: Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

vigreen

Range near middletown Ohio

Post by vigreen »

Hey, don't know if this is in the right place but I am in the 324 mp unit out of middle town and I would like to take a couple of my guys to the range. Is there any thing close thats not 14$ an hr. and if so do you have any info on it? Thanks
Brian D.

Re: Range near middletown Ohio

Post by Brian D. »

Welcome to our forums. What kind of firearms are you going to be using? That might narrow down your choices. Off the top of my head, the public outdoor range near Spring Valley seems like a place to think about. You can buy a one day or yearly pass at anyplace that sells hunting/fishing licenses. Since the facility has been upgraded, maybe you can purchase a pass there now.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

I'll be driving past Spring Valley today and can find out for sure about buying a pass on site. It's always seemed dumb that wasn't an option for so many years. Will also double check their hours and days of operation. They used to be open like 9a-5p regardless of how long it was light outside. Again, not great, but it's disappointing to expect brilliance from government at any level.

********************************************************************************
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Okay here goes: Spring Valley is open Wednesday-Sunday 9am-5pm, March 1st through December 31st. You have to get a range pass online or wherever hunting and fishing licenses are sold. I didn't ask about those prices, because it's certainly a better deal than any indoor by-the-hour places. Also, the range doesn't sell ammo, targets, eye and ear protection, etc. Parenthetically, I was disappointed to find the water fountains and men's bathroom sink turned off. By the looks of said signage, this stuff didn't happen in the last few days. Our tax dollars at work. :roll:

JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Brian D. wrote:Okay here goes: Spring Valley is open Wednesday-Sunday 9am-5pm, March 1st through December 31st. You have to get a range pass online or wherever hunting and fishing licenses are sold. I didn't ask about those prices, because it's certainly a better deal than any indoor by-the-hour places. Also, the range doesn't sell ammo, targets, eye and ear protection, etc. Parenthetically, I was disappointed to find the water fountains and men's bathroom sink turned off. By the looks of said signage, this stuff didn't happen in the last few days. Our tax dollars at work. :roll:
One day pass is $5, annual pass is $24. (resident or non-resident)
You can buy the passes via the ODNR app or online here: https://oh-web.s3licensing.com/

Brian,
Were the fountains still shut down from COVID or did it look like something else going on?

JLE
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Joe, I don't have an answer, because I didn't ask. The sink in the men's bathroom was off, according to a sign that looked to have been there a spell. Just outside, the water fountains were off. No idea about the commode, didn't need to find out. There used to be a restroom in the pole building across the lot, but the door was locked and the sign was removed.

The big new classroom building has been locked every time I've checked, which admittedly has always been on Sundays.

JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Interesting, Ill have someone see why.

The old pole building is no longer public access, think it is all just storage and maintenance now.
Not sure what hours they have for the new training building.

JLE
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

Joe, good of you to look into this. As far as the initial questions of this thread go, the OP registered here last Friday, posted the thread, and hasn't logged in since. Reckon I'm done here.

JEaton

Post by JEaton »

My contact there is out of town fishing but here was his reply.

Long answer, call me.
Short story yes they are having plumbing issues. Water fountain operational this morning. Porta potty added down by archery range. New smart sink being put in.

I am just glad it wasn't strictly left-over COVID nonsense.

JLE