Corona virus

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Re: Corona virus

Post by WY_Not »

Sure it does. Exchange your vows and carry on.
JustaShooter wrote:
WY_Not wrote:Good. Get the State out of the marriage business.
But that *isn't* getting the government out of the marriage business. It's quite the opposite.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WY_Not wrote:
JustaShooter wrote:
WY_Not wrote:Good. Get the State out of the marriage business.
But that *isn't* getting the government out of the marriage business. It's quite the opposite.
Sure it does. Exchange your vows and carry on.
:roll:
You and I both know that's not how it works in the real world. Many, if not most, people want to get married in their church, who won't do it without a license since the law requires one. Many, if not most, want the health insurance benefits provided by their employer or other group, which you don't get unless the marriage is official. And so on. There are many things that go along with marriage in today's society that people *want*, that depend on the marriage being official - which today, requires a government license. So, as I said before, this does exactly the opposite of getting the government out of marriage, it inserts it even more firmly therein.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Robert Barnes
@barnes_law
Actually, we executed people who violated informed consent, calling it one of the worst crimes against humanity. Where do you think the Nuremberg Code came from?
Quote Tweet
Jeff Charles, Black John Wick
@JeffOnTheRight
· 2h
Business owners requiring their employees to take the vax are not committing a crime.

Bad comparison. twitter.com/barnes_law/sta…
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Last few places I've worked have offered insurance and such for partners, no stipulations of marriage being required. The one caveat for both situations (married/partners) is if the other person works then they must get their insurance from their own employer otherwise there is a hefty fee. Being married is not the huge benefit that it used to be. POAs, living wills, and wills take care of other issues. For anything else, just draw up the legal documents needed to handle financial matters. So only drawback is not having an "official " church ceremony.
JustaShooter wrote:
WY_Not wrote:Sure it does. Exchange your vows and carry on.
:roll:
You and I both know that's not how it works in the real world. Many, if not most, people want to get married in their church, who won't do it without a license since the law requires one. Many, if not most, want the health insurance benefits provided by their employer or other group, which you don't get unless the marriage is official. And so on. There are many things that go along with marriage in today's society that people *want*, that depend on the marriage being official - which today, requires a government license. So, as I said before, this does exactly the opposite of getting the government out of marriage, it inserts it even more firmly therein.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

The government is concerned that not enough people are applying for Covid funeral benefits of up to 9 grand, because
One reason for the lower number of reimbursement request could be attributed to FEMA’s requirement that a person’s death certificate must list COVID-19 as the cause of death.

“I think early on in the pandemic, they weren’t certain that the death was caused by COVID, and I’m sure some doctors were reluctant to put it down,” Glickler said.

But a revision in the FEMA policy has brought a change in the program. Now applicants can submit a signed statement from a certifying official, either a local medical examiner or coroner, attributing the death to COVID, as long as that death took place between Jan. 20 and May 16 of 2020.
I didn't see any examples of Doctors being reluctant to blame Covid for a death, in fact just the opposite.

https://www.whio.com/news/coronavirus/b ... T66EMTMNI/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

On a different note, if someone has Covid and wants the antibody treatment with going to the hospital, a pharmacy in Ohio is now allowed to provide it.

https://www.whio.com/news/local/local-p ... DGSVKHDWI/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

3% !! Super effective.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/articl ... start.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Fauci tells people who got J&J they should feel GOOD about taking a second shot and says it should never have been a single jab after study found that protection fell to just 3% in six months
A recently released study found that the J&J shot's protection fell from 88% in March to just 3% in August
In comparison, Moderna's vaccine effectiveness fell from 92% to 64% and Pfizer's vaccine protection dropped from 91% to 50%
J&J recipients should not be concerned about the jab’s lower efficacy, in comparison to that of Pfizer or Moderna, but should instead ‘feel good’ about the booster recommendation.
I feel good about you offering a ineffective vaccine, that will need boosters to make useful. nope not feelin it.
He also confirmed that those who got the J&J jab could be better off by getting a booster shot of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccines, which were proven to be more effective.
So what's next recommended vaccines from every manufacturer ?

Meanwhile on one of the podcasts I listen to one of the hosts has a nice case of COVID going, good hacking cough.. seems the vaccine didn't prevent him from getting it, big surprise..
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Bruenor wrote:
Meanwhile on one of the podcasts I listen to one of the hosts has a nice case of COVID going, good hacking cough.. seems the vaccine didn't prevent him from getting it, big surprise..
Apparently it didn't prevent Colin Powell from getting it either, and dying, allegedly from "complications of covid". I haven't read any reports yet on which vaccine he got though, all the news would say is that he was fully vaccinated.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Here's a montage of effective rates cratering.

Please consider the charts on this feed: https://twitter.com/ianmSC" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

M-Quigley wrote:
Bruenor wrote:
Apparently it didn't prevent Colin Powell from getting it either, and dying, allegedly from "complications of covid". I haven't read any reports yet on which vaccine he got though, all the news would say is that he was fully vaccinated.
He had some pretty substantial comorbidities. Multiple myeloma among them.
Powell had multiple myeloma, a blood cancer which was in remission, and early-stage Parkinson's disease, said a close friend who asked not to be named. The blood cancer reduces the body's ability to fight infection and puts people at higher risk for a severe case of the virus.
High Power

Post by High Power »

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

I think that ^^ would've made national news. At least today's morning news at 6/am, 6:05/am. 606/am and of course 610 :P headlines.

I cannot find ANYTHING using a search of ''rand paul shutdown'' and ''rand paul november'' on conservative treehouse, redstate, foxnews, others. Nothing even on Clinton CNN. Someone WOULD have reported it.

Will it show at 9/am?? Wait & see. :)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
High Power

Post by High Power »

WhyNot wrote:I think that ^^ would've made national news. At least today's morning news at 6/am, 6:05/am. 606/am and of course 610 :P headlines.

I cannot find ANYTHING using a search of ''rand paul shutdown'' and ''rand paul november'' on conservative treehouse, redstate, foxnews, others. Nothing even on Clinton CNN. Someone WOULD have reported it.

The MSM will want to keep this quiet.
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." - Albert Einstein
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

High Power wrote:Rand Paul is calling for a nationwide shutdown on November 3rd.

https://morrowreport.com/2021/10/20/ran ... ovember-3/

https://radiopatriot.net/2021/10/19/nat ... ov-3-2021/

As soon as I saw the misspellings ("ECT" rather than "ETC" and "FIREMAN" instead of "FIREFIGHTERS") my BS meter jumped to "Is this fake?". Yes, I'm really really cynical these days.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
High Power

Post by High Power »

Brian D. wrote:
High Power wrote:Rand Paul is calling for a nationwide shutdown on November 3rd.

https://morrowreport.com/2021/10/20/ran ... ovember-3/

https://radiopatriot.net/2021/10/19/nat ... ov-3-2021/

As soon as I saw the misspellings ("ECT" rather than "ETC" and "FIREMAN" instead of "FIREFIGHTERS") my BS meter jumped to "Is this fake?". Yes, I'm really really cynical these days.
Good point. I’m cynical as well. Regardless of who’s idea it is, I hope it takes off and the country is shut down for a day because everyone calls in sick.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

High Power wrote:
WhyNot wrote:I think that ^^ would've made national news. At least today's morning news at 6/am, 6:05/am. 606/am and of course 610 :P headlines.

The MSM will want to keep this quiet.
I disagree. The MSM would love to publish this, and afterwards accuse Sen. Paul of recommending something that (in their opinion) is going to potentially kill thousands people, particularly women and children. The fact is that if this even partly occurred and someone died from a slowdown of EMS services, the shutdown and Sen. Paul would be immediately blamed, whether a partial shutdown would've had anything to do with a slow response or not. Facts don't matter to most in the MSM, only emotion and sometimes political leanings. In fact, I'm surprised there isn't a few in the media that wouldn't run with it anyway, since they hate Sen. Paul so much. They can always headline it now and then offer a mild retraction later.