Corona virus

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Re: Corona virus

Post by Bruenor »

Brian D. wrote:What do you guys think the police response time has been/is/will be on "person not wearing a mask" calls?
If they are actually being dispatched to those call they are going to be hella busy.. The percentage of people I see out and about in the stores still wearing masks is pretty low, maybe it's just the area I live in. I think at this point most people are done with the masks..
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

Before the mask controversy, I was unaware of how many people did not understand fluid dynamics. At all.
-

I identify as Supreme Emperor of the 20 known Universes.
My preferred pronouns are: My Lord and Your Grace.

-
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Another variant, first started in Japan and it's already in the US, found at a nursing home in Kentucky. Of the 3 residents that died, one was vaccinated, two weren't. One of those 2 had a previous infection but the story doesn't give context on when it happened. While having a previous infection in the last 6 months might give you protection (as has been verified in studies) maybe not farther back. I currently have a relative who recently got covid, and he "thought" he had it back in January of 2020. He might've had it back then but testing for covid wasn't done and he didn't get a flu test, which was available. In the spring of 2020 over 200 people who thought they had covid went to a mass testing site, and it was discovered that over 80% of them actually had the flu, not covid. Even if my relative did have covid it still doesn't mean he's protected by the previous case almost 2 years later, particularly against a more contagious variant.

Another issue is the opinion in the story of "according to CDC research the vaccinated residents at the facility were 87% less likely to have symptoms" the author of the story did not actually research whether this opinion was correct or not for this nursing home, just reported on deaths. Either that or that part of the reporter's story was edited out for some reason. I'm not a conspiracy theorist, but I have been told by someone who used to be a new reporter, that very key facts and data of a controversial non covid story were edited out by the boss, and that boss told this person that this was how the reporter was supposed to write other stories in the future. There was supposedly nothing wrong with the facts of the story, it's just that the facts didn't fit with the kind of slant the boss wanted on the story. If this person had gotten facts which pointed to a different conclusion that would've been okay. :( I know it sounds conspiratorial but this person actually showed me a copy of the original story and a copy of what was published. :(

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/new- ... VA55WYQFM/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The variant, named R.1, is believed to have originated in Japan, and has infected more than 10,000 people globally.

While R.1 is not considered a variant of concern, according to Dr. William Haseltine, a former Harvard Medical School professor, it does have mutations that may increase “transmission, replication, and immune suppression.”

The World Health Organization lists three categories of COVID variants: variants of interest, variants of concern and variants of high consequence. The delta variant, which is far and away the main variant in the United States, is a variant of concern.

The R.1 variant is not on the WHO list of concern or interest.

Many of those infected at the Kentucky facility were fully vaccinated, according to the CDC. The outbreak took place in March.

While fully vaccinated people can contract the virus, according to CDC research the vaccinated residents at the facility were 87% less likely to have symptoms of the COVID virus compared to those who were unvaccinated.

Of the unvaccinated, infected residents at the facility, four were hospitalized. Three residents died, two of whom had not been vaccinated. One of those two had had a previous COVID-19 infection.

Twenty-six residents and 20 staff members tested positive for the virus during the outbreak, according to the Kentucky Department for Public Health. Of those who tested positive for the virus, 18 of the residents and four staff members were fully vaccinated.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Dr Ryan Cole on Leaky Vaccines and how we're driving stronger and stronger variants while vaccinating for the ones that are benign.

Jab me harder, daddy!

Oh, and, the original Covid may have been, you know, um, like, mad scientist-y.

Get yourself some Vitamin D, Ohioans.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

People who do not realize that the Vaccines are driving the variants, do not know how Natural Selection works.
-

-
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

EricTheBald wrote:People who do not realize that the Vaccines are driving the variants, do not know how Natural Selection works.
Natural selection, that when all the stupid science denying anti-vaxxers die from Covid because they didn't get the jab. /s
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
513resident

Post by 513resident »

Bruenor wrote:
Brian D. wrote:I think at this point most people are done with the masks..
After the antics of ohh, the past 13 years, I am done with a lot of things. I'll be fine as long as I'm left alone. Otherwise, not so much.
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

BOSTON (CBS) –The State Police Association of Massachusetts (SPAM) said dozens of troopers have submitted their resignation papers as a result of the state’s COVID vaccine mandate.

The state is requiring all executive department employees to show proof of vaccination by October 17, or risk losing their jobs.

About 20% of State Police employees are not vaccinated, the union’s attorney said.
SPAM.- for the youngsters

Make.
Them.
Fire.
You.
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
EricTheBald

Post by EricTheBald »

"Joe Biden: We Need Up to 98% Vaccination Rate Before We Go Back to Normal"

97% isn't even possible. Which is probably why that figure was chosen; so that we can never actually reach that goal.

From CDC Website, updated 27 September 2021:
Children younger than age 12 years are not authorized to receive the Pfizer-BioNTech COVID-19 vaccine at this time. Children and adolescents younger than age 18 years are not authorized to receive the Moderna or Janssen COVID-19 vaccines at this time.
Number of children in the US, by age group:
-------------------------------------------------
Ages 0-5 23.6 Million
Ages 6-11 24.4 Million
Ages 12-17 25.0 Million

Denmark is completely open at 75%, which is about the highest number of vaccinated you can even get, and well above the level needed for herd immunity, not even counting those who aren't vaxxed but have natural immunity.

Not that it wasn't already clear, but this is REALLY the smoking gun. Intentionally choosing an unreachable goal washes away any pretension that this is actually about vaccination.
-

-
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

Two interesting links

https://apnews.com/article/coronavirus- ... 208bda15d2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm not a van of "The View" but I saw the report on the news about how 2 of the cohosts were called off the set right before they were supposed to interview VP Harris. I said to my wife that I'd bet that at least one of them was a false positive just like Dewhine in 2020 before seeing President Trump.
NEW YORK (AP) — The two co-hosts of “The View” whose COVID-19 tests derailed a planned interview with Vice President Kamala Harris last week said Monday that their results turned out to be false positives.

Sunny Hostin and Ana Navarro were pulled off the air Friday in a startling moment of live television that forced an abbreviated Harris interview to be conducted remotely.

None of the hosts who were on Friday came into contact with Harris. Hostin and Navarro, along with Joy Behar and Sara Haines, were tested multiple times over the weekend and all results were negative, the show said.

It really was uncomfortable for my results to be released publicly before I even knew what was going on,” Hostin said on Monday.

She said her husband, a doctor, had to be pulled out of surgery as a precautionary measure when the news became known, and her children were taken out of school. All are safe, she said.
I wonder if she supports having to show vaccine papers, given the bolded, and given some people can't safely take the vaccines.

This next one is weird, particularly IF she consented to the shot.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/09/23/americas ... index.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(CNN)Police are looking for a man in Canada they say punched a nurse in the face multiple times, knocking her to the ground after she administered a Covid-19 vaccine to his wife without his permission.
On Monday, around 9:15 a.m., a man walked into a Brunet Pharmacy in Sherbrooke, a city in southern Quebec, and accused a nurse in her 40s, who police have not named, of vaccinating his wife, Sherbrooke Police spokesman Martin Carrier told CNN.
"Right at the beginning, the suspect was very angry, very aggressive, he asked the nurse why she vaccinated his wife without approval, without his consent," Carrier said. "And he punched her right in the face multiple times so the nurse didn't have the time to defend or explain herself ... and she fell to the ground and the suspect left running out of the drugstore."

There are no laws in Canada that say individuals need their spouses' permission to get vaccinated, and it is unclear if his wife had given consent.

The nurse was taken to a nearby hospital by ambulance where she was treated for the "multiple injuries to the face" he said.
The bolded is scary. There is no way the pharmacy should not know if someone "had given consent" or not.
M-Quigley

Post by M-Quigley »

United Airlines getting ready to fire nearly 600 employees who didn't take the shot

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/unit ... QAIEVWGLE/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.chicagotribune.com/business ... story.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Youtube is going to ban all anti vaccine content.

https://www.whio.com/news/trending/yout ... 2FJPXYITM/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-styl ... 29272.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Canada is going over and above.. In one town if you want a marriage license , you have to show proof of vaccination to enter town hall to get it. otherwise no marriage license for you.

https://www.oakville.ca/townhall/nr-21sep21.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Individuals who do not show proof of full vaccination will not be permitted to enter or participate in indoor programming at impacted facilities unless they are under 12 years of age or have a medical exemption (the individual must show a doctor’s note and ID to gain entry). Appointments for marriage licenses and ceremonies that have already been pre-booked will also not require proof of full vaccination, however any new appointments for marriage licences and ceremonies will be required. Learn more on our Proof of Vaccination page.
Μολὼν λαβέ

- Thomas Paine

- Thomas Jefferson
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Good. Get the State out of the marriage business.
Bruenor wrote:Canada is going over and above.. In one town if you want a marriage license , you have to show proof of vaccination to enter town hall to get it. otherwise no marriage license for you.

https://www.oakville.ca/townhall/nr-21sep21.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Individuals who do not show proof of full vaccination will not be permitted to enter or participate in indoor programming at impacted facilities unless they are under 12 years of age or have a medical exemption (the individual must show a doctor’s note and ID to gain entry). Appointments for marriage licenses and ceremonies that have already been pre-booked will also not require proof of full vaccination, however any new appointments for marriage licences and ceremonies will be required. Learn more on our Proof of Vaccination page.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

WY_Not wrote:Good. Get the State out of the marriage business.
But that *isn't* getting the government out of the marriage business. It's quite the opposite.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

If we can do BMV online or via snail-mail, certainly these nuisance licenses can be done without an in person engagement.

I know people who got married in a church without a license in order to retain widow's military benefits (can envision many reasons not not be on record).