CC with out a CHL

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

CC with out a CHL

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Like to verify this. What is the penalty if caught carrying concealed without a CHL in Ohio ?
Life is full of God given coincidences..
A MEMBER OF OFCC SINCE 2004...
Thanks for shopping at Charmin Carmens
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: CC with out a CHL

Post by JustaShooter »

It depends. If it is an unloaded firearm, it is an M1. If it is a loaded firearm or for which you have ammunition ready at hand, it is an F4 *unless* you are in one of the specific prohibited places that make it even worse.

http://codes.ohio.gov/orc/2923.12v1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
(F)

(1) Whoever violates this section is guilty of carrying concealed weapons. Except as otherwise provided in this division or divisions (F)(2) , (6), and (7) of this section, carrying concealed weapons in violation of division (A) of this section is a misdemeanor of the first degree. Except as otherwise provided in this division or divisions (F)(2) , (6), and (7) of this section, if the offender previously has been convicted of a violation of this section or of any offense of violence, if the weapon involved is a firearm that is either loaded or for which the offender has ammunition ready at hand, or if the weapon involved is dangerous ordnance, carrying concealed weapons in violation of division (A) of this section is a felony of the fourth degree. Except as otherwise provided in divisions (F)(2) and (6) of this section, if the offense is committed aboard an aircraft, or with purpose to carry a concealed weapon aboard an aircraft, regardless of the weapon involved, carrying concealed weapons in violation of division (A) of this section is a felony of the third degree.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Thanks.
screwman
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by screwman »

I've got a friend that just went through this. It was an F4. He ended up in a diversion probation type of thing for 2 years. Supposedly, if he's a good boy, it all goes away.
Mike

The American Indians found out what happens when you don't control immigration.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency.
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

Can he renew his 2 year old expired license ?
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Post by JustaShooter »

carmen fovozzo wrote:Can he renew his 2 year old expired license ?
Yes. Pay the fee, submit the application, and done. It's no different than renewing an unexpired license.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
carmen fovozzo
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by carmen fovozzo »

So a F4 charge is pretty much nothing ?
Brian D.

Post by Brian D. »

carmen fovozzo wrote:So a F4 charge is pretty much nothing ?
Don't think I'd phrase it quite that way, Carmen. Not everyone gets the diversion probation thing described by screwman above.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
synack2

Post by synack2 »

I still run into guys all the time that Open Carry and don't have a CHL. The problem is they don't unload when they drive their vehicles. I've heard it all. "I am not getting a license for a right", "If I don't tell them they will never know I have it" "If I get pulled over and he finds it and asks for my license, I will just hand him my pocket constitution and say it's number 2"

I am like... I hear ya brother, and I feel that concealed carry, open carry, should be constitutional and allowed with no license, but if you catch a felony, you're not even going to be able to own a gun any more legally.

That said last year I did get pulled over and I Identified I was carrying. He went back to the car, and came back and asked for my CHL. I gave it to hime he looked at it and told me my CHL was expired. The ended up getting a supervisor who let me go and unloaded my gun and gave it back, because I was only 1 month expired. I went down the next day and renewed and didn't carry for 2 weeks until I got it back.

The really cool thing is they forgot all about the speeding ticket and the seat belt violation!
Carry everyday everywhere you legally can. I carry a Ruger LCP2 or a Glock 42. Find me on YouTube as FrugalPrepper