Any Cleveland (or other) gun "buybacks" happening?

This area is for discussions that do not fit into the formal firearms discussions of the website. Common sense and non-controversial contributions are expected. Certain topics are forbidden. See the forum rules for more details.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Brian D.

Any Cleveland (or other) gun "buybacks" happening?

Post by Brian D. »

I'm guessing the annual one by Cleveland PD was scratched in 2020 due to Covid? Just thinking to myself that with the new POTUS and Congress members, the anti gun rhymin' reverends and other clueless "do gooders" will get all ginned up about bring these back one day soon. I also was a little conflicted about what section of the board to start this thread in.
Quit worrying, hide your gun well, shut up, and CARRY that handgun!

********************************************************************************
1911 and Browning Hi Power Enthusianado.
JEaton

Re: Any Cleveland (or other) gun "buybacks" happening?

Post by JEaton »

Spoke with Charles Tassell about https://street-rescue.org/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; a few months back but they don't have anything on the schedule right now last one was in December.

FYI if you are looking to buy guns to keep them from being destroyed then the Street Rescue events are not what you are looking for. They send all the functioning guns they take in to local FFLs to be resold to fund the program further.

JLE
147Doc
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by 147Doc »

JEaton wrote:FYI if you are looking to buy guns to keep them from being destroyed then the Street Rescue events are not what you are looking for. They send all the functioning guns they take in to local FFLs to be resold to fund the program further.
JLE
THAT is a gun buy program I could support. Get firearms from people who don't want them, but don't destroy them.
How many times have we seen collectors-item firarms in the "we're going to melt these down" pile?

I'm looking to find a gun buy... FIL left DW and I his first wife's purse gun. Picked up on a trip to Mexico, probably in the 50's, .25 caliber, no name, no stamps.
No thanks! I'd love to get some bucks for that!
Bruenor

Post by Bruenor »

Canton coming up
https://www.cantonrep.com/story/news/20 ... 853184001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
JEaton

Post by JEaton »

Yes they specifically target 'community-guns' which are guns that lay around the community for anyone to pick up and use. Everyone knows where they are but no one is in possession of them so they can't get busted for it. So far they don't see many collectors items but most of the guns are functional. By working with the local gun stores, the non-profit gets more money to do future events, the gun store gets more guns to sell and the legal community has more low-price guns to purchase. It seems like a win-win-win to me also

JLE

147Doc wrote:
JEaton wrote:FYI if you are looking to buy guns to keep them from being destroyed then the Street Rescue events are not what you are looking for. They send all the functioning guns they take in to local FFLs to be resold to fund the program further.
JLE
THAT is a gun buy program I could support. Get firearms from people who don't want them, but don't destroy them.
How many times have we seen collectors-item firarms in the "we're going to melt these down" pile?

I'm looking to find a gun buy... FIL left DW and I his first wife's purse gun. Picked up on a trip to Mexico, probably in the 50's, .25 caliber, no name, no stamps.
No thanks! I'd love to get some bucks for that!