Transporting in a friend's vehicle

This forum is for discussion of general issues regarding Concealed Carry in your everyday life. This forum is not intended to be political or for discussing legislation.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

jag1954

Transporting in a friend's vehicle

Post by jag1954 »

Couldn't find the answer I was looking for, so here goes. I have my CHL, if I am travelling as a passenger in my friend's vehicle can I still carry concealed? Obviously he knows that I have my CHL. Just need some clarification. Thanks.
JustaShooter
OFCC Coordinator
OFCC Coordinator

Re: Transporting in a friend's vehicle

Post by JustaShooter »

Yes, you can. You need to maintain dominion and control of the handgun at all times, and cannot leave it in the vehicle with your friend if you exit the vehicle, unless you unload and properly store it as you would if you didn't have a CHL.
Christian, Husband, Father
NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
NRA Certified Pistol & Rifle Instructor

Want to become more active with OFCC and help fight for your rights? Click Here!
jag1954

Post by jag1954 »

Many thanks and much appreciated.
Sevens
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by Sevens »

If you get pulled over, speak FIRST and interrupt if you need to, to inform that officer that you have an Ohio License to carry, that you ARE currently carrying, where on your body it is, and do NOT move your hands anywhere near the handgun.
I like to swap brass... and I'm looking for .32 H&R Mag, .327 Fed Mag, .380 Auto and 10mm. If you have some and would like to swap for something else, send me a note!