Another child taken down over Zoom due to a toy gun..

A place for sharing news stories related to armed citizens, law enforcement & 2A/CCW topics.

Please note that when linking to an article you must cite the source URL and provide no more than a brief preview of the article to ensure fair-use standards are met.

NO DOCUMENT DUMPING.

Posts in violation of these rules are subject to immediate deletion without warning.

Moderators: Chuck, Mustang380gal, Coordinators, Moderators

Bruenor

Another child taken down over Zoom due to a toy gun..

Post by Bruenor »

I hope the kid got an A on that assignment, since he was so successful they called the police. Should have warped the curve so badly that all the other students failed the assignment.

https://www.rutherford.org/publications ... look_scary" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The Rutherford Institute has come to the defense of a North Carolina student who was suspended from school and reported to police for possessing a look-alike weapon and making a threat after he displayed a toy gun during a virtual class as part of a Halloween assignment to “look scary.” In a letter to the principal of Socrates Academy in Matthews, N.C., Rutherford Institute attorneys are demanding that the weapons charges be removed from the child’s school records.
On October 27, a sixth grader at Socrates Academy was participating from home in a Chinese class via Zoom when the teacher asked students to make a scary face when asked “Trick or Treat” as part of a Halloween activity. When this particular sixth grader’s turn came, he wordlessly pointed a broken toy gun at the computer screen as his scary gesture. It was the only time the toy appeared during the class. Afterwards, the teacher reported the incident to the Academy’s principal. School officials subsequently suspended the boy until November 2 for violating school policies banning weapons and threatening another student. The incident was also reported to the police, who visited the child’s home to conduct a “safety check.”
Not sure how a toy gun constitutes a weapons charge.
Μολὼν λαβέ

"Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property. . . Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them."

- Thomas Paine

"Malo periculosam, libertatem quam quietam servitutem."

- Thomas Jefferson
skylinechiliboi

Re: Another child taken down over Zoom due to a toy gun..

Post by skylinechiliboi »

Jeez, what's next? Attacking kids as drug dealers for an aspirin bottle?
WhyNot
OFCC Member
OFCC Member

Post by WhyNot »

actually, according to Ohio law. A reasonable fax simile firearm in the school setting, can be considered just like a gun?

The only other video case I know about this is, toy gun hanging in the background.this time could possibly.... possibly be different because the kid held the gun right in the video

he probably could have frightened them much worser, by showing a picture of Jesus.or a Bible 8)
Acquisitions thus far:

-Slingshot
-Butter knife
-Soda straw and peas
-Sharpened pencil
-Newspaper roll
--water balloon (*diversionary*)

Yeah, I'm that good
bignflnut
Volunteer
Volunteer

Post by bignflnut »

Chinese class....lesson in culture...

I kid...America is the home of the free and the land of the brave, afterall...and Trump is such an effective Champion of individual gun rights that charging a 6th grader with a toy is ludicrous. :lol: :lol:
s\ It would be verboten cop bashing to insist an officer uphold their oath by telling their commanding officer to stuff that order. COPS must obey and charge 6th graders with toy guns. This is the American definition of Justice. Thank GOD Hillary lost! s\
“It’s not that we don’t have enough scoundrels to curse; it’s that we don’t have enough good men to curse them.”–G.K. Chesterton-Illustrated London News, 3-14-1908

Republicans.Hate.You. See2020.

"Avarice, ambition, revenge and licentiousness would break the strongest cords of our Constitution, as a whale goes through a net. Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." John Adams to Mass Militia 10-11-1798
docachna

Post by docachna »

The incident was also reported to the police, who visited the child’s home to conduct a “safety check.”
I'm sorry -- you're here for a WHAT ??!? And you want to come in MY HOME ??

Uh.....no.
ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE
WY_Not
OFCC Patron Member
OFCC Patron Member

Post by WY_Not »

Exactly. Come back with a warrant. Till then, get bent.
docachna wrote:
The incident was also reported to the police, who visited the child’s home to conduct a “safety check.”
I'm sorry -- you're here for a WHAT ??!? And you want to come in MY HOME ??

Uh.....no.
Learn how Project Appleseed is supporting freedom through Marksmanship and Heritage clinics.
Samuel Adams wrote:If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude better than the animating contest of freedom, go home from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or your arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains set lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen.